Next SoCal X 1/9 & Fiat Owners Group Drive

mbusman

Big Bird
I sent an email out to everyone on the current list of owners. It's time to start thinking of ideas for our next group drive event. The Palos Verdes drive and BBQ in March was great and we'd like to do even better next time.

Be thinking of ideas for the drive route and either post here or send me a PM so I can circulate to the other folks.

Thanks.

Mike

My vote is

Glendora Mountain Road -> Glendora Ridge Road -> Mount Baldy Village for food.

To bad I will not be in my X1/9.

Wil,

Last time it was you or JJ who busted my chops about emailing a Thomas Guide map of the meeting place and route and said you'd find it by GPS. Well, as I recall, y'all got lost and caught up with the group late.....very late.

BTW, you did such a good job of being official photographer last time, I think you've got the job for life of making sure our events go down in the anus.... I mean anals of history.

Mike

Bob,

Good suggestion. Your call of breakfast versus lunch, although I think lunch after the drive would be nice so everyone can hang out for a while.

Do you need the rest of us to bring a plate or something else to eat or drink??

Please respond to the email to the group since we're collecting ideas for the event.

Mike

I agree w/ Abec

I'm new to this circuit, but agree with Abec, glendora mountain rd is an awesome road climb, also above L.A. crest there's Chilao campground but there may be a fee though.
My 83 x 1/9 is not home yet, got to rent a car transport to bring it here from wine country to work on. I'd appreciate it if you guys share help, knowledge & sources. thanks

You're in luck. There's not required membership. We're just a loosely knit group of folks who love X's, driving them, and getting together every once in a while to drive and hang out for a while.

Don't worry about the ride either. It might be possible to use a different car or depending on the start and finish locations and return routes, you might be able to ride with another X owner.

Mike

Last time it was you or JJ who busted my chops about emailing a Thomas Guide map of the meeting place and route and said you'd find it by GPS. Well, as I recall, y'all got lost and caught up with the group late.....very late.

BTW, you did such a good job of being official photographer last time, I think you've got the job for life of making sure our events go down in the anus.... I mean anals of history.

Mike
In my defense I wasn't driving so it wasn't me who got lost. I never got the meet up address so I couldn't put it in my gps, when I called I got directions... but never got an address... so we kept getting lost! I still stand by my original request, provide an address of where we are meeting.

Got a chest full of drinks, just say when, my previous ride was a series IV spider veloce 92, what a ride that was.

Just keep the chest stocked. I will send a PM for email address so we can include you on the group email to poll everyone for preferences of the drive route.

Mike

Wil,

When we poll the group for preferences and reach a decision, an address will be given. BTW, for the last event, the address was given a number of times. Anyway, that's in the past, and let's look forward to the next get together. I think you'll agree that the last time everybody had a good time, enough to eat, and a couple of diet cokes.

Gotta keep your eye on Ed DeCarbo.....being that slick, playboy type.

Mike

Just a few days left

to get in your preferences vote for the program. Respond to all to the email I sent everybody last night.

Mike

Back