Next SoCal X 1/9 & Fiat Owners Group Drive

I think I can clean things up by then and have it somewhat presentable---I tore most of the interior out last Sunday. I'll likely go down to PCH somewhere south of Malibu (maybe Topanga Canyon) and lie in wait, ready to pounce on your guys when you cross my location. So yes, count me in.

Cheers,

Cesare

Next SoCal Group Drive

Got about 8 yes responses so far.

Not bad for day one of the post. Come on folks like Ed Ramirez, Bob Turchan, Wil, Ed DeCarbo, etc., let's hear your confirmations.

Mike

Including wives, girlfriends, kids, riding shotgun,

We're at a total of about 17 folks now, give or take a couple. Should be a nice time Sunday. Anyone not down on the list who would like to join us, just contact me for the details.

Mike

I will be in Oxnard Sunday morning for Duty Section Muster *0745. I will have the bike, so I can make an appearance at the BBQ...

KFD

Kelly, sounds like good news.

I figure that between you, and ex-sailors like Tony and JJ, y'all ought to have at least one or two good stories to tell. Glad you'll be able to join us.

Mike

see you at sears!

Well fellas, since I lost a day sitting in Oxnard thanks to duty section and a watch last night, I won't be at the barbecue, but I will meet you guys in Santa Monica, I will be on the Aprilia. Piaggio is Aprilia's parent company, and Fiat is a major shareholder, so that counts as a Fiat, right!?

KFD

A series of unfortunate events

You know I've been waiting for the So Cal Fiat run, It was a wonderful day for a run, I had the ice chest packed with drinks of all sorts and a number of italian and german brats; but unfortunately for me, I missed the event. the night before went to a chinese restaurant (which I seldom patronize, nothing against chinese) had a great dinner with the gurlfriend and daughter, but around midnight got hit with what I would describe as "Mao's" revenge; a stinging pain in the guts and a back and forth dance to... and a big time loss of that good snorting. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
So now in plain recovery mode. I'm just awaiting for the first one of you fine fellas to share your pix & comments of what happened there.
Bummer that's all I got to say, i'll be looking fwdd to the next one. I missed the caipirihnas Mike!

Last edited:
SoCal X 1/9 & Fiat Owners Group Drive

Despite the grey sky today, we had a great time together. Must have been a good 15-17 folks who showed up for the ride up the Pacific Coast Highway, "private" docent led tour of the Murphy Classic and Antique Car Museum, and BBQ at College Park. It's always nice to see old friends and meet a few new ones. Although Kelly had Navy duty, he was able to join us for part of the Pac Coast Hwy. drive on his motorcycle. Next time, he'll have his X ready. Papa Tony was there so we could all bask in his countenance. The museum had early Fords, a 2008 Shelby, old and newer Corvettes, some gorgeous old Packards, a Bugatti, and other beauties, in addition to the most killer HO train exhibit I've ever seen.

I'll try to post pix below and hope that the pix show and not just the links.
Mike

P1050480.jpg

P1050479.jpg

P1050478.jpg

P1050477.jpg

P1050476.jpg

P1050475.jpg

P1050474.jpg

P1050473.jpg

P1050472.jpg

P1050471.jpg

P1050499.jpg