Nice 74 X1/9 on Bring Trailer

Some unfortunate things in the repaint.

The left rocker panel has clearly been reworked, evidence at both joints below the leading and trailing edge of the door. Really notable at the trailing edge due to the panel gap being filled completely.

Shame about the door getting opened too far on the drivers side, it has the telltale dent in the lower front area of the door.

Seats are original bases but the covers are modern.

All in all, a nice place to start.

For some reason this one screams "flip." Underside (waaay too few pix of the underside to my liking) looks like it was attacked by the flat black spray can army and lost---standard flipper tactic.

I do like a yellow x, though!

My first X was Yellow. They look great in it. Since there is clear evidence of rust and bondo showing, I fear what the bra hides. But since "less than perfect" cars on BAT get low bids someone may get a deal depending on the reserve.

I watch BaT pretty regularly. Unfortunately I feel there a very few “deals” to be had on BaT.

My view of BaT is, as a potential buyer there are no "deals" here but a gold mine for sellers. A surprising number of cars get bought and sold on BaT on a regular basis and an awful lot of cars were previously bought just a few years ago.

A yellow X is always a crowd pleaser.

Some unfortunate things in the repaint.

The left rocker panel has clearly been reworked, evidence at both joints below the leading and trailing edge of the door. Really notable at the trailing edge due to the panel gap being filled completely.

Shame about the door getting opened too far on the drivers side, it has the telltale dent in the lower front area of the door.

Seats are original bases but the covers are modern.

All in all, a nice place to start.
And a good place for a California buyer. No smog :)

Photo 119 made me walk away at a brisk pace. I suspect advanced corrosion is deep in those rockers. It's a highly stressed area of the body and a difficult repair for an amateur. An unmolested yellow '74 will find a compassionate home on BAT I'm sure. But not my home.

Ryan, join the club. Something in the universe happened and all of a sudden Fiats (and probably other cars) are suddenly worth four times what I thought they would. Maybe, probably, you and I are out of touch. If it's at $8K now, it will go much higher. It looks really nice and while the rivet counters and sky is falling guys here apparently won't touch it with a ten foot poll I bet it will go for around $12K...or more. As usual, most of the comments have nothing to do with that car, just nostalgia rose colored glass remembrances from long ago X owners.

Don't worry, it will show up again in a year or two being sold by the guy who will soon buy it.

Is anyone watching this on BaT today. Went quite a bit higher than I imagined it would. I wonder, would anyone here have paid what the winning bidder paid if they’d seen this on CL? Seems like a lot for that car.

Is anyone watching this on BaT today. Went quite a bit higher than I imagined it would. I wonder, would anyone here have paid what the winning bidder paid if they’d seen this on CL? Seems like a lot for that car.
Any used car price is up 27% due to shipping woes. Maybe that helps?

It is a yellow '74. The problem with buying over the internet is that you just can't tell what you are getting. What's lurking under all that recent flat black rattle can job? It'll be hard to get hurt at $11k if the buyer just plays with it for a year and flips it. If he starts doing bodywork he's going to be in for some hard knocks in my view.

Back