Nice yellow 1975 for $14900

I don't think I'm being too hard, for $15k I'd want uncut door cards.

Agreed.

Car is still fetching, though.

A very pretty little X 1/9, $15k is a bit optimistic. Seller is open to offers, though. $12k, perhaps?

I notice the fuel return line is plumed into the vapor system.
Did it say what carb is installed? I didn't read the ad. Anyway, the new DFEV I put on the 124 sedan had no return line, but did have a "bowl vent" port that was attached to the fuel vent system. Maybe this X has a similar set up? Or not?

This is a great car, it has been to a number of my local FCA chapter’s events.

He has had it since new. Yes back in the day when he bought it, one definitely put the stereo in that you wanted and being non precious production cars making mods wasn’t a big deal. Especially since the Italians really didn’t make much allowance for stereo installation. At least they are vintage mods :)

It is a great car. I have better engine bay pics I can put up. I don’t believe the hood is a different color, it is likely a function of the type of lighting in that building.

Carbs are DCNFs. That line is the blowby line from the vapor separator. He has two fuel filters, one before the pump and one after before the carbs, there is no return line that I can see.

I would be happy to go look at it as its just a couple miles from my house.

Last edited:
I'll confess to cutting the door cards in mine shortly after buying it new in '76. I had ordered it with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt AM/FM radio and as I recall there weren't a lot of good options for where to mount decent speakers. As Karl points out, they were considered just average production cars and most of us were doing things like that.

Karl, it sounds like you're pretty familiar with this car. Do you know any more specifics about the engine build? Hi-comp pistons, which cam, etc?

Being a pre-1976, this car is smog exempt in CA. Looks very tastefully done.

It is nice. I hope this is a sign that ours will be going up. Now, the drawback to that will be the parts also going up in price.
I had better finish restoring Gary’s X1/9 in a hurry...lol
Mike

It is nice. I hope this is a sign that ours will be going up. Now, the drawback to that will be the parts also going up in price.
I had better finish restoring Gary’s X1/9 in a hurry...lol
Mike

Hagerty is showing the "affordable classics" (sub $30k) are slowly rising, while the more premium classics trend downward.

A lot of people are getting priced out of the classics they want, so they seek alternatives like the oft-neglected but excellent X 1/9.

I expect this to continue, unless there is a financial collapse, then all classics will take a hit, along with most other "luxury" goods.

This car is quite lovely. We'll see what it goes for on eBay---1 1/2 days left now...

"Garage-kept" means diddly especially if it's seen any midwest road salt over the course of its life. If they expect to get anywhere close to $15K out of it, they really need to post some detailed under-car photos as well as some up-close shots of the most rust-prone areas.

I'll confess to cutting the door cards in mine shortly after buying it new in '76. I had ordered it with a Blaupunkt Frankfurt AM/FM radio and as I recall there weren't a lot of good options for where to mount decent speakers. As Karl points out, they were considered just average production cars and most of us were doing things like that.

Karl, it sounds like you're pretty familiar with this car. Do you know any more specifics about the engine build? Hi-comp pistons, which cam, etc?

Being a pre-1976, this car is smog exempt in CA. Looks very tastefully done.

I can ask a friend of mine to get me in touch with the owner, I have met him a couple of times but don’t really know him. Karl

Back