No collection is complete without this?

It was a model held in Italian driving schools in those years. On it, lectures on the operation of an automobile were held. What a beautiful thing!

It was a model held in Italian driving schools in those years. On it, lectures on the operation of an automobile were held. What a beautiful thing!
I've always felt every young person should be required to understand some basics about automobiles, how they work, and their maintenance before allowed to drive them.

Jeff, a lofty standard that is totally unnecessary in today's world where the car will tell you everything it requires. My son in laws both own VW GTIs and I can't even convince them to try pulling it in Sport Mode for giggles.

Jeff, a lofty standard that is totally unnecessary in today's world where the car will tell you everything it requires. My son in laws both own VW GTIs and I can't even convince them to try pulling it in Sport Mode for giggles.
Good point. My closest friend of more than 30 years had a son that we envisioned following our love of cars. From a very early age we took him to cars shows, races, let him hang out with us in the garage, taught him about things, etc. But as he got older he preferred to sit inside and play video games (not automotive related ones), and stopped joining us for all of the car culture. I guess us older folks just don't get some of the views of the young.

Now you know how all the horse "enthusiasts" felt in the late 1800 early 1900s when those damn cars started to become mainstream!

Now you know how all the horse "enthusiasts" felt in the late 1800 early 1900s when those damn cars started to become mainstream!
Funny you should say that. I'm taking care of my 98 year old mom and she enjoys watching old westerns on TV. She has mentioned that some of what those programs show reminds her of how things were in her childhood. Amazing to think how different things have become during her lifetime.

Probably break, sorry recovering VW owner

Good point. My closest friend of more than 30 years had a son that we envisioned following our love of cars. From a very early age we took him to cars shows, races, let him hang out with us in the garage, taught him about things, etc. But as he got older he preferred to sit inside and play video games (not automotive related ones), and stopped joining us for all of the car culture. I guess us older folks just don't get some of the views of the young.
My 25 year old inherited his grandfather’s 124. Absolutely loves it but I have to turn the wrenches.
I guess I’m lucky, my 23 year old buys and flips 80s Toyota trucks as a side job and does pretty well with it. Engine swaps, building bumpers, patching rust…etc

Back