No power to the fuel pump on 87 X1/9. Is there an inline fuse?

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
I have tried to move the flap in the airbox and still no 12 volts.

I knocked the wire off the fuel pump installing the coolant hoses. Maybe I blew the fuse. The manual does not list a fuse for the 87 fuel pump. I am still looking.

Fuses G (10A) and W (7.5A), both labeled "I.E." are listed in the owners manual as "electronic fuel injection" but nothing more specific. Have a look at them and if good, do as Bjorn says and break out the FI troubleshooter.

I AM AN IDIOT! I was using a blue white striped wire to power the pump instead of the correct green wire. Talking to Walter found the problem after many wasted hours/days. The starts right up now.

I AM AN IDIOT!

I AM AN IDIOT! I was using a blue white striped wire to power the pump instead of the correct green wire. Talking to Walter found the problem after many wasted hours/days. The starts right up now.

I AM AN IDIOT!

Not an idiot, you got tripped up by the two wires in that area of the engine compartment that appear to be "extra" when the car is not equipped with A/C or if the A/C system has been removed. The Blue/White wire in that area goes to the A/C Frost Prevention Valve, while the double-green wire is there for the idle step up electrovalve. You can see the double-green one and the correctly connected fuel pump wires in this pic.
IMG_0256.JPG

Back