No Reserve 1980 on BaT

Discussion in 'FS&W Forum' started by jvandyke, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:21 AM.

1. jvandyke

jvandyke True Classic

2. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Interesting paint scheme on the transmission. Red, blue, silver. Looks like a nice X, but it is so brown. :)

kmead likes this.
  3. kmead

kmead Insufferable dum bass

Brown.

Eastep likes this.
  4. Eastep

Eastep Dub-ing

Fixed ;)

JimD likes this.
  5. Eastep

Eastep Dub-ing

I'd trade my car as is for this in 1second flat!

6. kmead

kmead Insufferable dum bass

Some quick observations:
    • The CV boots are improperly installed on the short axle and the inner of the long axle. The clamps should be on those reduced diameter flats on the axles.
    • Some pretty good denting of the footwells left and right, likely easily pounded out.
    • Stupid 1.5 badge
    • All hoses look original as there is only one visible newer non OE hose clamp, the rest have original mileage patina. Not a big deal in my mind as they are an easy afternoon of work for the major ones.
    • Upper strut mounts will need to be replaced soon as they are up against the steel structure.
    • Sad seats, otherwise nice interior
    • The frunk was primarily repainted as the strut mount bolts are painted over and the paint is really shiny, I would want to see the inside vertical faces of the struts, ie right and left sides of the walls of the frunk.
    This is a nice car. It would want to have a nice pair of dual carbs and some massaging of the engine done to make that advertised 1.5 very happy indeed.

Waterbury likes this.
  7. c snapp

c snapp Daily Driver

Can't anyone figure out the proper placement of the jack pads?...

kmead likes this.