NOS factory striping kit

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
Yes, I am a vendor.

Just opened a box with a factory accessory striping kit #4761.

4761.jpg

The official color is ginger, tan, and beige, and was the "light colored" kit used on "dark colored" cars. I remember them being used on 1500 cars from 1979-82.

This kit is really old, at least 40 years. If you really want to use it some of the sections are going to need to be massaged flat, as they have been in the box for a long long time.

In the day this was officially a US $84.50 accessory, plus installation. Today, it's $35.00.

I have only opened the box to peek inside, I have not inventoried the parts to confirm they are all there. If you want me to do that, please ask nicely. If you want me to take a photo of the opened box, just ask.

If your delivery address is in California I must charge you sales tax. Shipping is extra. As I don't check in here all the time, best to contact me directly if you want it.

If this does not sell in a week or so, I will remove the offer.

I also just opened this one, #8095.

8095.jpg

It's the kit on the top of the picture, and it's silver. I looked inside, it's all there, but very old.

Same disclaimers as above, I want $20.00. It was a US $45.00 accessory kit.

Yes, I am a vendor.

Just opened a box with a factory accessory striping kit #4761.

View attachment 47982

The official color is ginger, tan, and beige, and was the "light colored" kit used on "dark colored" cars. I remember them being used on 1500 cars from 1979-82.

This kit is really old, at least 40 years. If you really want to use it some of the sections are going to need to be massaged flat, as they have been in the box for a long long time.

In the day this was officially a US $84.50 accessory, plus installation. Today, it's $35.00.

I have only opened the box to peek inside, I have not inventoried the parts to confirm they are all there. If you want me to do that, please ask nicely. If you want me to take a photo of the opened box, just ask.

If your delivery address is in California I must charge you sales tax. Shipping is extra. As I don't check in here all the time, best to contact me directly if you want it.

If this does not sell in a week or so, I will remove the offer.
If you ever come across #4767, silver, let me know.

Cool find Chris. I wish one of our "vendors" would keep these to make patterns with. I'd also love to see one of our "vendors" make a run of tricolore stripe tape for the two-tone Bertones. Vinyl cutting is cheap yet no one that I know of makes this stuff.

Crate,

All it takes is someone willing to actually pay for the production run. I have done a lot of stickers for my business, and the costs of making the pattern, and meeting minimum production runs, would amaze you.
My daughter's boyfriend does stickers for his living, and my required quantities are so low that even he can't touch them.

The last late Bertone I painted, we just masked it off and painted on what was originally stickers. I can't see enough demand to cover doing a production run. I already have way too much inventory that I will die with.

Back