Note to the moderators

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by bbrown, Nov 20, 2011.

1. ianlawson

ianlawson ian - NZ

Or to put it another way, Bob........!

2. The 73 X 1/18....

Hi Mark,

...to the 74 X 1/9 is really apparent from a design point of view. The transition is obvious. Major design improvements jumped off from the board onto the "19". Hard parts ? You are correct. Minimal commonality I am finding.

Probably preaching to the choir though, right ?

The REALLY biggey delta is the steering system. Ancient sector gear and pitman arm transitioning to rack-n-pinion.

- of course then there's the forward mounted cooling, and the, and the, and the, and the....Ha ha ha ha ha

lezesig
    '72 X 1/18

3. bbrown

bbrown Bob Brown Moderator

Just an idea on the gray

But you get credit for the photo. I like the stance you picked.
    I thought I'd reduce the brilliance of the image to see how it fits in with the title space, and the lighter shade is what I got.

Yes, Photoshop and me are buds. :) Thanks!

4. deadline design

deadline design '85 Bertone

"But you get credit for the photo." Ha Ha!!

Actually, Mark get's credit for the photo - Its his! Oops, did I commit plagiarism?? 10-to-life I think for that crime.....

5. jjay911

jjay911 True Classic

all the front brake components seem to be the same on the 850...:rolleyes: wheels fit too.....hmmm yea and badges....:p

6. waynewlw

waynewlw Daily Driver

X19 parts on my 850

The following items from my X19 stash are are a straight plug in and are going on my 850:
    1-1300 wiper motor
    2-Seats
    3-Steering wheel
    4-Front calipers
    5-Front Disc
    6-Front pads
    7-Red and yellow side marker lenses
    8-Wheels

Note: 850 lug nuts are coarse thread(1.5) like VW so I am using a VW part too

Wayne