OBDII Readiness / Monitors

lookforjoe

True Classic
Having replaced the engine and disconnecting the battery, I have several monitors that have not reset. I’ve already put about 200 miles on the engine, and tried the generic readiness set driving procedure. Anyone else have experience with this, and/or what it takes to set it?

8-F1-D2-C26-F849-48-FF-B3-C0-2-AEB965350-F5.png

EVAP & O2 finally set. Had to drive close to 300 miles to get there. Found this article, which was actually helpful - I had filled the gas tank, and indeed, until the fuel level dropped below 3/4, the EVAP monitor did not set.

Other than the AC refrigerant, are the other items all emissions related?

Interesting Hussein. My situation sounds backwards. I think my 98 Ford Econoline gets angry whenever I fill the tank. I have only had it a couple months, but the check engine light has come on after each fill up. Then it goes off at some point. I will try to note what the fuel level is when it goes off this time.

Other than the AC refrigerant, are the other items all emissions related?

Interesting Hussein. My situation sounds backwards. I think my 98 Ford Econoline gets angry whenever I fill the tank. I have only had it a couple months, but the check engine light has come on after each fill up. Then it goes off at some point. I will try to note what the fuel level is when it goes off this time.

I am using an "OBDLink" device and software to check the monitor status. I have come to realize this is just a list of all potential monitors - if there is an X in "available", then it does not pertain to the specific vehicle, so the two relevant ones here were EVAP & O2 sensor.

There no check engine light set for any of this, though - in your case, either you have a bad gas cap, or some other restriction in the EVAP system that is causing the system to set an actual fault code.

Thanks Hussein. I have a ODB tool to clear codes. I will use it to do some testing. Could be the cap for sure, it looks 20 years old.

Back