Official Member Car Picture Thread

Show us pictures of your cars on this thread. We need a place to be
able to look and see what everybody else has got. Current cars only please. If that changes, update it. If you have a new acquisition, show it. Cheers.
Hi I am new to the forum and have recently acquired a 1980 X 1/9 from a family member. Can you tell me how I go about posting in a forum as opposed to replying to thread?
Cheers.

Go to the forum in which you want to start a thread (Discussion, Workshop, For Sale/Wanted, etc), then look to the upper right for the "Post New Thread" button, hit that, and the Create Thread dialog box will come up. Enter your title, type away, and when done hit the "Create Thread" button just below where you typed.

Piece of cake!

CD66x19.jpg
Shod the X with new wheels/tires today.

Z Blades.jpg

Photo after last week updates. I finished exterior LEDs, installed rear bumper blades, and changed transmission oil with Redline MT90. And Jon did really nice work at Midwest-124; front bumper blades, aluminum radiator and lower temp switch, voltage regulator and capacitor in alternator. It's a 62 mile drive to shop, but it was such a beautiful day on Friday, enjoyed 220 miles to get home. Took the smooth, hilly, and curvy country roads to Holmes County and Amish country before heading home. Now over 8,200 miles of X smiles and looking forward to many more.

Last edited:
View attachment 1840
Photo after last week updates. I finished exterior LEDs, installed rear bumper blades, and changed transmission oil with Redline MT90. And Jon did really nice work at Midwest-124; front bumper blades, aluminum radiator and lower temp switch, voltage regulator and capacitor in alternator. It's a 62 mile drive to shop, but it was such a beautiful day on Friday, enjoyed 220 miles to get home. Took the smooth, hilly, and curvy country roads to Holmes County and Amish country before heading home. Now over 8,200 miles of X smiles and looking forward to many more.

Some folks might differ with me, but I really like that gold on an X. Great-looking car :)

I agree. Gold is one of my favorite colors for it. Hey Bill A -- where didja get the front mud flaps? They seem to be fitted well.
Front mud flaps were on when Thomas sold it to me. I understand I'm the 6th owner of it, and after being on Xweb a photo from NH was forwarded - with the mud flaps. It looks like they were installed in your neck of the woods.
Prior Owner 10 yrs ago.jpg

Thought it was time to update my pictures, last time I posted on this thread the car was on it's side, still got finishing touches to do but at the moment its safely stored till I move house and build my garage, probably won't even get to drive it this year after all the years of hard work, ah well there's always next year!!!
IMG_20170408_101739800.jpg
IMG_20170408_101821936.jpg
IMG_20170408_101911251.jpg

This is where it starts. Lots of polishing to do and a couple boxes of parts from Matt on the way. The resurrection begins. Insured as of today, registration on Friday and new tires on Saturday with shakedown drives to come...
IMG_6319.JPG
IMG_6320.JPG
IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6324.JPG
IMG_6329.JPG
IMG_6331.JPG

My $375 X.

This is my second X, my first one was a 1980 that I had back in high school in 1993. This one is a 1984 that I found when living in Albuquerque, supposedly running when parked...new injectors, flushed fuel tank, waterpump, installed distributor correctly, removed hot wire to fuel pump and installed BMW brake master cylinder reservoir...etc etc. Know runs quite well except for of course a now leaking radiator and the plastic overflow tank needing replacement.

Beautiful wheels!… What make are they? Size?

Voxx MG3, 15" x 7". I think they have been discontinued.

Thanks!… 15" x7" - they look smaller. I checked out the Vox website - the (discontinued) MG3 didn't look like your. I've been a little nervous going that big. What size tires do you have?

Back