Official Member Car Picture Thread

Here is my 85

I've been waiting for warmer weather to finish tuning the engine and replace the broken throtle cable. Hope to take it to it's first car show this spring, and if all goes well to the FFO 09. :thumbsup:

DSCN3696.jpg

DSCN3695.jpg

IM000931.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

Part of my garage...

A few pictures...thought I had more online, but this is a good start.

Both are carbed 80s. The Teal one has dual DCNF 40s, header, ANSA exhaust. The Maroon one is pretty much stock...except for the front/headlights. :dance:

cleanx.jpg

MyX.jpg

The 76 Ford van in the background is mine also...complete with 70s paneling, shag carpet (even around the dome lights), sink, icebox, rear circular captains, fender flares, fatty wheels, and liquor..um soda cabinet. :drink: :cool:

My car is a 1988 Bertone

The Yellow 82 X was my previous ride in some ways its better than my 88

DSC04243.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tony,sometimes the color on our X`s was not a choice....

but a decision based on condition,availability(in your area) and yr(the newer the better,right?).Anyway,I consider myself in this category,my blue 87 is 99.9% rust free and i based my buying decision on all of the above..........but i`m getting to like it,so i have to make the best of it and "fight" persons:sun: like you;) jajajaja...lol.And yes my engine cover is blue too:pimp:

Indeed Alpert... I useta HATE that froggy-green on a stock '74...

... now I think any other color is simply NOT RIGHT!

HAHAHA!

Yeah... I was quite surprised myself...

I was shopping for new side mirrors and happened to pick up a pair of simple chrome ones on a slender stem and a rectangular shape... and it just went POP! I continued to follow through with the trunk rack and wheel rims. I think if I polished out the bumpers that would been the crowning touch.

Going retro works with white... as my '69 WHITE Vette attests to also. Black accessories just seem to put a damper on the car. On Black Tooth now... quite the opposite... as I found flat black actually makes the Gloss Black stand out. I originally painted the rear spoiler gloss black, and it kinda disappeared and made things confusing to look at in the rear. Painting flat black just made it POP!

FIXED IT... That thing is sweet
ok i tried to fix the links into pics...

SOOO instead im gonna post this instead..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vA5GWqSnU"]YouTube - fiat x1/9 1st and 2nd gear twin carb[/ame]

pretty much stock exhaust... so thats all intake noise.. and the video doesnt do it justice.. my digital camera sucks at audio.. i gotta get a real camera and put the mic over the engine cover

mark. that is a very sweet car, i really loved driving a proper x when i was in seattle are you going to put in a 1500 in? i forget how much power your 1300 put down

Nothing fancy here just a plain '76.

These pics have been posted here before.
Picture003.jpg

This is the X I own now. Posted it a few times nothing fancy just a plain X.
101506006.jpg

Another shot of the '76 while out on a fun run with some local owners.
78x19.jpg

This is the only picture I have of my first X. A '78. Drove the wheels off of it until it met a Chevy wagon at an intersection.
promcar.jpg

Bought this one with the insurance money. An '80. Can you tell what year this picture was taken?

You got one of them fancy...

...see through tops on that, don't you?
Springs almost here...you will have her on the pavement in no time! We can actually see the grass again!

Indeed

I got mine (87) as well mostly because of the condition (about 99.5% rust free as well). Would have preferred a black or black/silver combo as color, but I can live with white :)

Brian

Back