Official Member Car Picture Thread

My '81 has the same interior, except it looks like it's 40 years old. Yours looks like it just rolled off the assembly line! Absolutely beautiful.

I thought the tachometers in these cars always revved "backwards," i.e., counter-clockwise, the opposite of the speedometer. But yours is clockwise, like the speedo. Interesting.

Here's a pic from a random '79 I just pulled off the Internet with the usual "backwards" tach.

View attachment 35672
I was wondering about the colour of the interior, is it supposed to be white or cream?

I was wondering about the colour of the interior, is it supposed to be white or cream?

FYI - your interior is a colour Fiat officially called "parchment". When new.....think manila file folder and you are really close. It faded to much lighter as it aged. And when new...the colour was actually a mottled two-tone. I actually have some new NOS seats and door panels - new never installed. It is amazing to see the difference.

If you are ever in the Mississauga area...stop by and say hello. I'd be happy to show you what your interior looked like when new. And would be nice to see your nice new X1/9.

Doug

Sounds great Doug! I look forward to meeting up soon.

FYI - your interior is a colour Fiat officially called "parchment". When new.....think manila file folder and you are really close. It faded to much lighter as it aged. And when new...the colour was actually a mottled two-tone. I actually have some new NOS seats and door panels - new never installed. It is amazing to see the difference.

If you are ever in the Mississauga area...stop by and say hello. I'd be happy to show you what your interior looked like when new. And would be nice to see your nice new X1/9.

Doug

Took our X on the Classic Motorsports Rocky Mountain Tour last year and it ended here at the Porsche NA Headquarters in Atlanta. Porsche guys were really jealous :)
1600091973300.png

Bought this car from MWB back in 2007. Completely went through it inside and out in 2008. Let it sit till about a year ago and decided to make it my daily driver. All it needed was paint and a bit of bodywork. 50 shakedown miles on the car so far and not too many problems to sort. Almost left me stranded 4 miles from the house today. See eventual post in the workshop unless the search brings back an answer.

Tony

1986 X1_9 2.jpg

1986 X1_9 1.jpg

My 1977 X1/9 1.9 stroker. New to me vintage Mawer 2 piece wheels with staggered Toyo Proxes all round. Cant wait to get some track time. Still fitting my 44DCNF Lamborghini carbs on it atm. Should free up a few more ponies over the 40s I'm removing.

Attachments

• 16021729254333264619912135088703.jpg
    16021729254333264619912135088703.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 182
Found an old picture of my very first X (and very first car, S/N ..... 8085). I'm running it up the hill at the Detweiller Park hill climb in Peoria, Illinois. There was a spring and a fall hill climb. As I remember it was a very frustrating event.... a 1300 X has no HP so all you had to do was stay off the brakes and steer while your right foot was planted. This event could never be run in today's litigious environment. Every once in a while a high HP Corvette or Trans Am would launch itself into the woods 🤣 I had real CD30's on that car that I bought for $60 each, NEW. Wish I had those now. Also I think you can see the Ansa quad tip exhaust.... at least I sounded good!
hillclimb.jpg

Charlie, I had an Ansa on my TR6 in the late 70s. Loved those four tips and the sound!

Here's my new 86 I bought from Tavalin. It sure is clean. Lots of changes coming...
X 19 (2).jpg

X Dec 2020.jpg

Last edited:
Back