Official Member Car Picture Thread

The previous owner added reinforcement plates on all four shock towers, when he repainted the car.
He told me, it was a sensible modification.

Can you post a few more pictures of the the spoiler from different angles. Did you end using some black caulk on the seal. Looks damn good.

The previous owner added reinforcement plates on all four shock towers, when he repainted the car.
He told me, it was a sensible modification.
Depends on how "honest" was the PO. My guess is there was some cracks in the top of some aprons because the actual tendency is to put doublers underneath, not on top, unless you want to repair something... Still, nothing wrong, you know it is now strong!

B0C5C486-F9EB-4803-8C06-D5F54A1BE675.jpeg

Yes I did use black silicone adhesive under this side of the spoiler.

October 7, 2020: our first meeting in a parking lot after answering a Craigslist ad, and signing the NDA. It was Covid lockdown. We hadn’t been out for months. It was going to be a quick afternoon in Huntington Beach near the studio, and something we could laugh about the next day. Things worked out a little differently than we had originally planned, but 365 days later, we’re still laughing
😎🚗🥂

B3EA0F6F-B0FB-4870-97FB-D28901D753A5.jpeg

F62E686C-FC88-47D8-A33D-2851A8113788.jpeg

F798EA17-B2DD-4A1D-AD2A-B7877CC91105.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that the car from Wheeler dealers ? It looks fantastic, need interior and engine photos.
Indeed it is sir. Interior is currently a work-in-progress, but when it's all wrapped up, I will post here :) the car photographed well, but up close, there are lots of little dings, scratches, dents - things that 47 years of Russian metal reveal easily. But the colour can't be beat...

Cool are you going the change the wheels? Next year at the CONCORSO ITALIANO in Monterey the X19 is the one honored car

Last edited:
Indeed it is sir. Interior is currently a work-in-progress, but when it's all wrapped up, I will post here :) the car photographed well, but up close, there are lots of little dings, scratches, dents - things that 47 years of Russian metal reveal easily. But the colour can't be beat...
Speaking of the "Russian metal" story, has anyone ever documented this claim? I seem to hear it most often when UK-based automotive personalities speak of FIATs.

For those that haven't heard, there is a story that FIATs of a certain era rust because FIAT was supposed to have received shipments of inferior sheet metal from the Soviet Union in turn for sending them machinery and expertise to set up the factory(ies) that built the Russian equivalent of the FIAT 124, the Lada (aka VAZ-2101 Zhiguli) and its descendants/relatives.

Speaking of the "Russian metal" story, has anyone ever documented this claim? I seem to hear it most often when UK-based automotive personalities speak of FIATs.

For those that haven't heard, there is a story that FIATs of a certain era rust because FIAT was supposed to have received shipments of inferior sheet metal from the Soviet Union in turn for sending them machinery and expertise to set up the factory(ies) that built the Russian equivalent of the FIAT 124, the Lada (aka VAZ-2101 Zhiguli) and its descendants/relatives.
Like you, just junk you read - because if it’s on the internet, it must be true ;)
More than rust, ours seems to ding/dent/crumple easier than any car I’ve ever seen. Since we’ve had it, three or four small dimples have appeared, and we have no idea where or why, unless lifting the car causes buckling….

Like you, just junk you read - because if it’s on the internet, it must be true ;)
More than rust, ours seems to ding/dent/crumple easier than any car I’ve ever seen. Since we’ve had it, three or four small dimples have appeared, and we have no idea where or why, unless lifting the car causes buckling….
The Russian steel story was there long before the Internet was a thing for most people.

Back