Official Member Car Picture Thread

For Tony. My X's color, plus the paint swatch.

I took my Siberian Husky down to Home Depot and told them to match the eyes! HA Just kidding. I know I posted this X pic in the calender thread that I started, but I thought it should be in here too!
P1010102.jpg

P1010009.jpg

My 1983 X19

Soon to get a re-spray to have single color and 1974 bumpers, grille, etc.
FunPhotos

Last edited:
Wow...

Very nice interior look there Paul. The color of the seats goes well with the layout of the 1300 dash.....very nice.

30 years of X 1/9s

I bought my first X, a Mediterranean Blue '76 when I was fresh out of college in 1978. Here it is with me and my cute girlfriend Sue -she's been wife since 1980. Trust me, that snazzy pair of plaid pants (along with most of my hair) is long gone!
Sophia-1979.jpg

I used the blue X as my daily driver year round so by the time the mid '90s rolled around all those years of Ohio winters (and road salt) had taken it's toll and the car was rusted beyond my ability to cope. Here's the '87 X I bought to replace it. Notice that it's parked in it's custom sized spot in the garage!

Once I had the '87 it quickly became obvious that it had not been treated well through the years and that it had it's own corrosion problems too so when I found this beautiful red and gray '86 X in 1999 I bought it and sold the '87.
ItalianGathering808a.jpg

It's a very happy car, fun to work on and a joy to drive...

More photos on my website - http://dennisjones.tripod.com/

cheers- dj

Congrats all around DJ...

I really liked the solid Metallic Red of the 87... at least it looked solid from here! Thanks for Sharing... I think I owned ONE pair of pants like that and had hair ALMOST that BIG once also...

Here's my first (circa 1989).....

Bertone.jpg

My current:

DSCN0467.jpg

It's Bob B's fault, even though I got mine first.... ;)

and my autocross car before I started working on it:

Frt.jpg

Funny thing is, thought my race car is painted like my nice latest, underneath, it is the same color combo as my first.....

Last edited:
I'll take the blame, Kevin...

I thought that second picture looked familiar.
FYI - My 86X was bought from a guy in Pinehurst, NC. My wife and I drove down to get it.

I think the only difference between yours and mine is LED's?? :nana:

(I've got to update this picture when the weather breaks.)
mybertonepasssidesmnh0.jpg

MIne sold new at Corvette of Gastonia (Gastonia, NC near Charlotte) to a local. To a Computer guy in Raleigh, to me in Asheville.

I have put over half the total mileage on it and, no Bob, until I park my car in your garage, you will always out LED me.

:)

By the way, this was my second X.
Sadly enough, i dont no where he is now...
the picture is from 1990/91

wochnerabarth.jpg

Engine was a 130 tc abarth.
it took me 4 years to complete.

Back