Official Member Car Picture Thread

New member here - my son and I bought this 1982 X1/9 about two months ago. Slowly getting it into shape.
Tons of work to do.. (the FJ40 will have to wait...)
Cheers
Mehmet

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3078.jpeg
    IMG_3078.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 125
New member here - my son and I bought this 1982 X1/9 about two months ago. Slowly getting it into shape.
Cheers
Mehmet
Welcome. look forward to hearing you journey to bring it into shape. Doing the something myself for the last year and still have lots to do. Fixing it up is half the fun.

Cheers
Mehmet
Welcome, looks like a good place to start from. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the group.

Do not hesitate to ask questions, we don’t mind helping out. There are great resources here, start with the WIKI, the Best of Xweb (BOX) and the customized Google search tool which works better than the forum search. Do consider buying the factory manual and the Haynes manual. The factory for proper information and the Haynes for pics and commentary which includes suitable drifts…

Anyway we have in aggregate, had just about every problem possible failure or breakdown. We can save you time and money if you toss a few clues :)

Looking over the top as always, which is a good thing.

Is that your man cave behind it?
She-Shed. I have the Garage :) it was the Temp Garage when we were having the inlaw suite made out of the real garage and while we were having the polebarn/garage done. 20 ft shipping container.

Odie

Hi Carl,
It's probably somewhere in past threads, but what widht of wheels with what offset do you have? Are you still using the stock spacers?

They are 13X8" wheels. I don't think I'm using any spacer as those things stick out just a hair on the flared fenders. 205/60/13 tires.

Can you tell me more

What I would have given to have a car like yours while trolling Mulholland Dr. or Sepulveda Blvd. in SoCal back in the 80's. My stock '74 X was no match for any 914's or the occasional hot-rod Corvair.
what I would have given to have had the $$ and abilities to do this to my X back in the 80's! was still fun with the stock 1500 and 185/60s. anyone would beat us zero to 60, but throw in some good twisties and we ate most of them up! Now this is more show than go. yea it has ~170 HP, but the tires are too big to ever really get warm, and the wing I made it too big. would have liked it about 2 -3 inches shorter. Might redo it someday in Carbon Fiber instead of epoxy/Fiberglass.

Odie

Forty years ago I sold my ‘74 X1/9 which I had owned and loved for its first eight years of existence. Last week I finally found one, same color, on BaT. Shipped it from Wyoming to Connecticut and welcomed it this weekend to our new home.

Attachments

• E5A33D43-8068-4740-8957-D05AE5E73E4A.jpeg
    E5A33D43-8068-4740-8957-D05AE5E73E4A.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 34F72DBE-F27C-4DD4-9D04-03E2ECE68471.jpeg
    34F72DBE-F27C-4DD4-9D04-03E2ECE68471.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 111
Forty years ago I sold my ‘74 X1/9 which I had owned and loved for its first eight years of existence. Last week I finally found one, same color, on BaT. Shipped it from Wyoming to Connecticut and welcomed it this weekend to our new home.
Out standing, love the color and welcome back.

That is fantastic. I’m sure you will enjoy it tremendously.

Back