Official Member Car Picture Thread

1978 I'm bringing back to life after a 35 year slumber.
78 X-19.jpg
78 X-19 passenger.jpg

They are interesting, wonder if they were driven on the car because each wheel on has two lug nuts.
Those wheels were available for the X years ago. I have seen them offered on Ebay a few times over the years. JJ used to have a set that was for sale for a long time.

I "think" those wheels are an old school "MAG" wheels with the stud/shouldered nut set up not common for Fiats, which could explain the limited hardware. Or since it's a project, they only put 2 on each corner till its ready to drive. I have done that myself with my 78. It's sitting on dollies with 2 shouldered nuts on each wheel. Perfectly fine for casual rolling around. :)
20221222_093655.jpg

Those wheels were available for the X years ago. I have seen them offered on Ebay a few times over the years. JJ used to have a set that was for sale for a long time.

I "think" those wheels are an old school "MAG" wheels with the stud/shouldered nut set up not common for Fiats, which could explain the limited hardware. Or since it's a project, they only put 2 on each corner till its ready to drive. I have done that myself with my 78. It's sitting on dollies with 2 shouldered nuts on each wheel. Perfectly fine for casual rolling around. :)
View attachment 69026
Bingo... Makes it easier to work on.

Those MAG style wheel bolts in M12x1.25 seem to be in the "unobtainium" category. I've got one that a tire jockey screwed up, and I have not been able to find a replacement. I might end up going to nuts/studs which are slightly easier to find although MWB has been out of stock for over a year.
M12x1.25 Mag Lug Bolt.jpg

Never seen those wheels before. Kinda like them. They need center caps though.
I think those are ATS Cup wheels.

1672107934912.png

They are still available in 4x100. I think that explain why there are only 2 bolts per wheel. The bolt pattern isn't right.

Those MAG style wheel bolts in M12x1.25 seem to be in the "unobtainium" category. I've got one that a tire jockey screwed up, and I have not been able to find a replacement. I might end up going to nuts/studs which are slightly easier to find although MWB has been out of stock for over a year.View attachment 69141
I have a set that uses shouldered as well. what I ended up doing is using studs then getting shouldered bolts. the shank was too long so I had to cut it down. something like these

Odie

Thanks for all this info! I need a check set of shouldered nuts and the link provided helps. I'm in the process of refinishing the wheels on my own. So far the only stamping are "98mm", and a cast "PAT PENDING". Here's the process so far...

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_155518.jpg
    IMG_20230109_155518.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230109_164420.jpg
    IMG_20230109_164420.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230109_164740.jpg
    IMG_20230109_164740.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230111_140328.jpg
    IMG_20230111_140328.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 65
I've found out the brand of these wheels is DAN GURNEY VICTORY MAGS. They made them in differing sizes and bolt patterns. I'm hoping to get lucky in finding center caps.
Also look like a similar design was sold under the Per-Spec brand.

I’m now going to waste a whole lot of time at that website.

You must be of a certain age to reference Matchbox car, kids in their 30s and 40s would say Hotwheels.
The X wouldn't even show up on the backup camera of the dinosaur in front of it.

Back