Official Member Car Picture Thread

Hey -- kinda looks like my '81
20180428_195103.jpg

Picking up my first fiat on Friday. Been sitting in a shed since 1998. I don't have the resources to pull the engine, so I plan on pulling the plugs and putting some oil in the cylinders. I was told it ran when it was put to bed. Glad I found this forum. I have plenty of reading to do on here. Carb is not moving at all and I think the clutch is also froze up. Needs a lot of love but I plan on bringing her back to life.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 209
Picking up my first fiat on Friday. Been sitting in a shed since 1998. I don't have the resources to pull the engine, so I plan on pulling the plugs and putting some oil in the cylinders. I was told it ran when it was put to bed. Glad I found this forum. I have plenty of reading to do on here. Carb is not moving at all and I think the clutch is also froze up. Needs a lot of love but I plan on bringing her back to life.

Welcome. Very nice find.

They all ran before they were put away, its why they were put away that you need to worry about :)

Congrats on finding an unusual example. We look forward to seeing its resurection.

Just be happy it's still rolling. After 20 years of sitting you could expect the calipers to be seized. But for sure they will need a rebuild... as everything else with gaskets and/or seals. I think you should consider removing and rebuilding the engine. It will not give you a good service if you could start it as is. It will leak oïl and prestone in many places. These engines are easily removed. Disconnect hoses and wiring, there are 3 engine mounts and you could drop the engine with the transmission on the ground with only basic Tools and some creativity.

Last Saturday I pulled all three of my cars out of their garage for a while. Here is my first car and my third car -- my two Fiats. It's a little hard to tell from this view, but the 500e is about a foot shorter and foot higher than the X1/9. They're about the same width.
2013-500e-and-1982-X19.jpg

I live together with my two brothers. Here is my second car -- the 1985 Bertone -- sitting in the carport spot that belongs to my older brother Rolf's Honda Fit. He was gone for most of the day, so I was taking advantage of the spot to work on my '85 X. Next to it you can see my younger brother Carl's Honda CRV. The carport has more light than the garage, but not full-blast sun -- perfect for trying to track down a short circuit that keeps popping one of the 7.5A fuses.
1985-X19.jpg

My brothers kindly let me hog our 2-car garage for my 3 small cars. Here Carl and I have rolled my '82 X into place. It's taking a turn in the "captured" spot up front, because the following day he and I took my '85 Bertone to San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge, to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum, and then drove some more to visit Japan Center for some shopping. It was a wonderful drive and a wonderful Sunday!
1982-X19-in-garage.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
Hm just took a picture of each of the X1/9's on the property. Did not realize I was up to 6.

IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG

I really need to work on the wife's drivers door and put it back on her car (she really likes having an inside door handle and window crank)

I don't have a good picture of the car at the moment, but I will post this picture of my recently painted 85X. It has been in primer since I bought it 4 or 5 years ago. It is nice to have a presentable X again. This picture was taken while I was still re-assembling it last week. It looks red here, but it is actually the "Arancio" (orange) color from the 2016 500X.
20180619_195755 (2).jpg

It looks a little more orange in the picture below.
20180622_204921 (2).jpg

I don't have a good picture of the car at the moment, but I will post this picture of my recently painted 85X. It has been in primer since I bought it 4 or 5 years ago. It is nice to have a presentable X again. This picture was taken while I was still re-assembling it last week. It looks red here, but it is actually the "Arancio" (orange) color from the 2016 500X.
View attachment 12313

It looks a little more orange in the picture below.
View attachment 12314

Looking good between two K20s. Are you angling to go to the same place? :)

Looks great. Love the ATS wheels. All very nicely done. Nice color choice as well.

Sorry I missed it and all the others.

Show us pictures of your cars on this thread. We need a place to be
able to look and see what everybody else has got. Current cars only please. If that changes, update it. If you have a new acquisition, show it. Cheers.
20180521_160420.jpg
FB_IMG_1525745439854.jpg

Attachments

• 20180521_160257.jpg
    20180521_160257.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 134
Very nice Anthony.

Great color. Repaint or OE? Wobble bolts on the wheels or an adapter?

Repaint. It's a dodge Dakota truck colour I believe it's called intense blue. It's us a very nice colour in person and am often complimented on ir.

Here are a few shots of my 1986 X1/9 done by a friend of mine who does photography and cinematography professionally.
Gorgeous photos! The professional eye, camera equipment, and handling of the camera are all apparent! It doesn't hurt that your X is extremely photogenic, too.

Beautiful car and great pics.
Can you please tell you wheels and rims size?
Thanks.

These are 13 x 5.5 BBS knockoffs from the mid eighties. Not sure who exactly made them as there were several companies producing them for our Fiats back in the day. I'm running 185 60 r13 Federal 595 SS tires.

Reactions: 81x
Today I moved my fourth car outside its garage, and took a photo of it to share with my friends on XWeb.

That's right -- I also own a yellow Lamborghini Countach LP400, with minimal alterations from Gandini's initial design, except that is has the extra air scoops, which I happen to think look cool, too! Without the air scoops the Countach actually looks a bit too plain, if you can believe it. The added air scoops reveal beauty born of necessity -- tastefully added to prevent the V-12 engine from overheating. I bought my Countach used, but in excellent like-new condition from a Japanese seller I met via eBay. (I have bought three of my cars on eBay -- only the '82 X was found via classified-ad instead.) Shipping the LP400 from Japan to California was surprisingly affordable! It's an extremely low-mileage car, and all the doors and hoods work properly, and the headlights pop up and down perfectly, too. The steering wheel moves the wheels perfectly, without any need for power assistance -- a trait it shares with its siblings, my two X1/9's. The only downgrade is the front trunk is not nearly as practical as the front trunk of the X1/9's, being mostly a place to store the spare tire. I guess with tires this fat they couldn't simply hide it behind the passenger anymore. Let me put it this way, I can haul quite a few computer towers in the front trunk of my X1/9's, but not a single one in the front trunk of my Countach. The good news is why would I want to? It's not my daily driver work car, like my '82 X was for a couple of decades, and my 500e is now.

Before I bought the LP400 it was expertly detailed by Kyosho, a Japanese company that specializes in that sort of work. Do I really have to say that my Countach is a 1:12 scale die-cast example? And that its garage is a beautifully crafted and printed storage box within a sturdy outside shipping box? I hope not. I'm not sure how that would play out if I ever show this thread to a potential girlfriend. Still, I love my little affordable Countach almost as much as my three 1:1 cars!

My-Countach-LP400.jpg

Last edited:
Back