OK, another "guess what this is" game!

In the 80´s at the Yugo dealership here in PR I saw a few vehicles that looked like the one you portray.

Go to the top of the class, Karl....!

Yep, it's the NZ-made Trekka! :nod:
That's what happens when you have a Government (at that time) that places import restrictions on the poor suffering NZ car-buying public, sorta like North Korea is now!
The Kiwi makers of the Trekka did some sort of super deal with Skoda of Czechoslovakia to supply engine/drivelines, which were installed into locally made bodies.
They tried marketing Trekka (back in the day) as NZ's answer to the Land Rover :nuts:.
But they were surprisingly "agile" on off-road terrain, according to some long-time owners of Trekka's - (long-time being maybe 3-4 years :laugh:)

cheers, Ian - NZ

Not a Fezza 250 mate

Too short for a 12 cyl. Knock-off steels are wrong class too. Nice styling though.My total guess is a coach built Fiat 124/Alfa Giulietta.

Nice poser Karl - perhaps a small clue buddy? :hmm:

It is Italian and not British, it was low volume and is linked to some prancing animal.

:hmm:Hey I'm desperate!!:hmm::laugh: The back almost looks like a Lotus Elite, but that's no help.

I do have to say there is a bit of Costin's Elan in the rear but the stylist at Bertone was not British nor American. The knockoffs may seem a British feature but without doubt its from the boot.

Lotus-Elan-rear-three-quarters-1024x640.jpg

Back