OK! I Give Up.

Mine is clamped to the brace underneath the dash near the fuse block. I cannot remember if its inboard or outboard of the steering column. I believe there are purple wires running to it.

My 78 has flasher located between fuse block and dash above with 2 purple and 1 blue wire. There is a holder for it. Pictured is shorter NAPA NF EL13 Electronic flasher for LED bulbs
DSCF2422.JPG

Thanks BA Oh. Your pic reminded me, when I got the car, the PO had the Fuse Box mounted upside down with the Cover in a bag of Bit Parts in the Trunk. No telling where he stuck that unit. That took awhile until I found Shop Manuals, with Diagrams. First BWM attempt, just made the Headlights cycle continuously. That was my 1st hint something was wrong. You can probably find the whole goofy story by searching "Fuse Box" & "Red Bull 78".

Everything is solved. I'm looking for it now to replace it with an LED Flasher. All the Bulbs (except Front Signals) are in place. Far simpler to change the Flasher than start hacking into 40 year old wires, just for resistors.

One thing I am going to do, is S-T-R-O-B-E BRAKE L-I-G-H-T-S
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/strobe-controllers/brake-light-strobe-module/195/845/
Just to mess with people in SUV's behind me, on the phone. I did find a way to do this and other mods, without cutting a SINGLE OEM wire, if I want too.

Last edited:
Back