Ok I got her to start, now what? Lol

Keithx1/9

Daily Driver
Ok so after the brown wire fix and the car’s basic electrics were working as you would expect I knew that I was getting somewhere!
I tested and I had spark so I was focusing on the injection system. I pulled the cold start injector it it didn’t seem to be pumping any fuel into the plume. I primed it though that hole and it started. Only for a moment each time, but it is now starting.
What should I do next? Thank you all in advance

Ok, so we know it is gas now. First, do you know that the injectors are getting signal? You can buy a great little gadget which plugs into the harness and shows you a light if it is getting signal.

Once you know you are getting a signal, most likely you will either need to rebuild or purchase new injectors.

However, let's start with, do you have signal to the injectors...

Ok so after the brown wire fix and the car’s basic electrics were working as you would expect I knew that I was getting somewhere!
I tested and I had spark so I was focusing on the injection system. I pulled the cold start injector it it didn’t seem to be pumping any fuel into the plume. I primed it though that hole and it started. Only for a moment each time, but it is now starting.
What should I do next? Thank you all in advanc
I don't know how far along you are in your troubleshooting; do you know if the fuel pump runs? The pump does not come on with the ignition (if it does, something is wrong). If you remove the duct between the air filter can and the air flow meter (AFM) you can get access to the flap in the AFM that opens with air flow. I remove this duct and the air filter can lid together. Then turn the ignition switch to "run" and poke your finger into the AFM to open the flap / trap door. You should now here the fuel pump running.

The gadget @fastx19 mentioned above is usually called a noid light and can be had for not much money at Amazon etc.

I don't know how far along you are in your troubleshooting; do you know if the fuel pump runs? The pump does not come on with the ignition (if it does, something is wrong). If you remove the duct between the air filter can and the air flow meter (AFM) you can get access to the flap in the AFM that opens with air flow. I remove this duct and the air filter can lid together. Then turn the ignition switch to "run" and poke your finger into the AFM to open the flap / trap door. You should now here the fuel pump running.

The gadget @fastx19 mentioned above is usually called a noid light and can be had for not much money at Amazon etc.
Thank you for your reply. I replaced the fuel pump and filter. It comes on when the key is on and I open the throttle body.

Ok, so we know it is gas now. First, do you know that the injectors are getting signal? You can buy a great little gadget which plugs into the harness and shows you a light if it is getting signal.

Once you know you are getting a signal, most likely you will either need to rebuild or purchase new injectors.

However, let's start with, do you have signal to the injectors...
Thank you

what is the gadget that does that?
Thank you again

What should I do next? Thank you all in advance
Thank you all so much. I ended up replacing my fuel rail and injectors and got her running.

Attachments

• B10F17BD-1F86-4157-9924-A90FEF6D0EBF.jpeg
    B10F17BD-1F86-4157-9924-A90FEF6D0EBF.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 73
Congrats! I know we are very excited for you! With some basic maintenance, the FI cars are very reliable. Since it has been sitting for so long, make sure the cable to the Lamda sensor in the exhaust is in good shape. These can wear and degrade over time and then the electrical connection is broken. Causes the car to flood out when warm. Best of luck!

Thank you all so much. I ended up replacing my fuel rail and injectors and got her running.
Kudos on your success. Glad to hear how you resolved the problem.

Do keep us updated as you churn through the rest of what ails it.

Congrats!

Back