OK so my saratoga top just got "stolen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way to know

I do not know where it was stored, he said it was outside but sheltered from elements, who really knows. I do not know if the guy is lying, I do not know if the guy is telling the truth. Naturally I suspect he just sold it to someone else but I cannot discount the chance however slight that he could be telling the truth considering the length he went to to try to convince me of it (when really he could have just said "its gone" and hung up the phone). So in conclusion unless theres some new development, then "the world may never know" so you guys will have to be your own judges on it...

As for me, I'm already over it, I was going to have to make a scramble to pay so perhaps this is just fate saving me a chunk of money at a time I'd probably be better off not spending it. Ricardo's top will always be right here ready for me to build when my '75 reaches the point I'm able to actually use one :)

maybe someone can start a collection to have a top commissioned by Ricardo for Mac! Who has the skills ( & patience ) for the craftsmanship those pictures show of the "Ricardo" tops.

Not me for sure...Be our way of thanking Mac for this site and info!But of course Ricardo would have to invest much time (labor) so hopefully I have not spoken out of place.

I will start the contribution... in for $25. Later,Greg

I'm in. $25 more. Someone keep track. Hey Mac, post up a paypal donate button to your email addy.

I will even donate the top that I have acquired for my Ricky Top Replica. Let me know and I will make it available.

nonononono

Come on guys I appreciate the gesture, humbled by it actually, but really I would not be comfortable doing that. At this point I really am just going to wait and get to a point I can do some initial stripdown and rust repair on my '75, get it to stop going back to the earth, then a long long haul being built up, ...then the clear top ;)

Just watch out for the top that's already out there... that's all I want, assuming it is in fact stolen, and if its not then I dont even care about that. All you guys that want to donate something to me can donate your "writing & editing" skills whenever we finally get a 'real' wiki in here - that would be a bigger help, and free!:shh:

Hey MAC...

Even if the top was not stolen, we need to keep an eye out. If the person got the top was from here, it would be nice to know who not to trust. I figure that it should show up at some point. What fun is a Saratoga top if you can't show it off.
Brett

most junkyards have "security dogs" running the yard during the night...

if someone really stole it, he then knew exactly where it was.If it was a random thief/theft, he would have stolen some other stuff.Too much coincedence here,and probably too much $$ involved too.It happens all the time.Specially on ebay where people list items for cheap and when people start bombarding with questions ans showing too much interest they either shut down the auction or sell it outside ebay.............:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back