Okay, did I miss this one? Who wants a FREE Exxe?

tvmaster

True Classic
Seriously, it must be gone by now, right? Wheels may be of interest - I don’t recognize them...

Last edited:
Unless you are going to do a powertrain swap. Between a free X1/9 base car, a $1500 donor Honda with a B18 & correct extras, add the other needed stuff, could possibly be around a $2K build if done conservatively.
Are you saying the $2K build includes the $1.5K cost of the donor? That would leave $500 for everything else. From the looks of that car, the $500 would likely get spent before the drive train work was even addressed. Even $2K plus $1.5K for the donor may be optimistic.

Are you saying the $2K build includes the $1.5K cost of the donor? That would leave $500 for everything else. From the looks of that car, the $500 would likely get spent before the drive train work was even addressed. Even $2K plus $1.5K for the donor may be optimistic.
True, I'm assuming the general body is good so only accounting for the basic drivetrain swap. And a no frills ones at that. In other words the low end of the scale. Naturally you could spend unlimited money making it into any level of custom/show quality. But I wasn't seriously saying this is worth doing, only that if it doesn't have a engine that's not a bad thing.

Lol. For real! Superb!

Indeed! This is the day I got it - sat unused in the PO's driveway for about a year

X19-Exterior00054.jpg

Under 2k would be possible especially if you can fab the mounts and the shafts yourself, but 3-4k is more reasonable. here is a QUICK rundown
http://autox19.com/blog/index.php/2018/05/08/to-b-or-not-to-b-or-go-with-k/

Odie

Under 2k would be possible especially if you can fab the mounts and the shafts yourself, but 3-4k is more reasonable. here is a QUICK rundown
http://autox19.com/blog/index.php/2018/05/08/to-b-or-not-to-b-or-go-with-k/

Odie
I could buy the $2K starting with a reasonable car but I suspect an X like that would be far from a free giveaway. It would not surprise me if that giveaway required more than $2K for brakes, suspension, tires, etc. without even getting to the drivetrain.

I could buy the $2K starting with a reasonable car but I suspect an X like that would be far from a free giveaway. It would not surprise me if that giveaway required more than $2K for brakes, suspension, tires, etc. without even getting to the drivetrain.
Agreed. My earlier comment was directed at the mention that this free X may not have an engine. I was just saying that would not be an issue if you planned to do a drivetrain swap. Please do not get hung up on the numbers, they were not the focus of what I was saying. ;)

I emailed and asked the model year radio silence. Ad is still up. I live within 45 minutes could easily inspect.

On Barn Finds now..just a matter of time before ad goes away.

Back