Old soul to the forum but new to this one

whitespy

Flyboy Spagetti eater
Hey it's good to be back!!
I was on this forum back when I had my X1/9's and now that I see a place for me an my Scorpion.... I'm back. After having a quick look, there are some nice Scorps here. My Scorp is a fuel injected 1.8 with a LDD body kit, bubble top, and Fittipaldi O.Z wheels. Once I remember how to post pics I will post a pic of my car. For the record... it was John Allan who got me into Scorpions. I came down to Tacoma to see if my X1/9 would be competitive in the Solo2 comp for the next year and then I wound up getting a scorpion. (go figure)

Warren

The old "John Allen" trick...

My conversations with John also tempted me into Scorpion ownership, and repeated attempts to buy his.

I'd love to see pics and found out more about your F.I. conversion. I plan one as well, with Fiat and Lancia L-Jetronic parts. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, The blue one

Hello whitespy,

Funny part is ...my first set of Daytona's were snagged from Brian W's scorpion before it headed up north to Canada : )

lezesig
'72 X 1/18

FI parts

I am using the stockish L Jet. It's stockish because I am only using the ECM, Air meter, and Bata manifold with stock injectors. The rest is from other sources. My motor has 10:1 compression and hot cams and I am using the 1.8L. I would be happy to help you out and supply you with any of the info I have. I do have an article on how to install the complete stock system using the parts from a Beta Zagato. With the FI, you will make just as much HP or more as you would with dual Webers. It will also drive much nicer and a whole lot more reliable. I am never going back to carbs again. Any thing you need just ask.

Warren

wheels

Yup, Carl and I at the time didn't have the extra cash for them.
Brian now has a Beta Zagato and is back into the Italian car fold.
It's funny how things circle back, he also had a second set which is on his car now.
Too funny.

Warren

A pic of my car

Here is what may car looks like.

DSC_0026.jpg

Very nice, pics of the engine bay wouldn't be out of place :)

You have the Monte Carlo front lights, did you add those or are they from a previous owner?

Lights

Believe it or not, the headlights are out of a mid 90's Dodge pick up truck. The bezels on the truck are mounted/bolted to a flat plate and all I had to do to make them fit is install a bunch angle brackets. I also have some surrounds made up but I just haven't got around to installing them yet and probably won't until I have my restoration finished.

Warren

Cool wheels

My Scorp wheels are nearly identical:

DSCF0062.jpg

Those wheels are on my K20 X1/9 now, and my Scorp is wearing a similar, but not identical set:

DSCF0082.jpg

Pete

My Wheels

They are close to yours, what make are they?
Mine are 16" Fittipaldi by O.Z and I am using wheel adapters to get them to fit.

Warren

Well, it looks convincing in these images and is certainly better than the DOT enforced solution they chose to go forward with.

The ones in the top pic...

They are close to yours, what make are they?
Mine are 16" Fittipaldi by O.Z and I am using wheel adapters to get them to fit.

Warren

Are "Progressive" branded. Stole them off ebay for $150. And the ones in the bottom pic I got off Craigslist for a couple hundred, no name on them that I have been able to find. The guy who sold them to me was convinced they were 4x98 and was running them on his Spider. Good thing nothing bad happened to him, as they are really 4x100s.

The X1/9 has actual adapters made by Charlie at Serpent Auto, while the Scorp just uses spacer plates I machined up and studs/wobble nuts.

Wheelspacers.jpg

Pete

Back