Outside rear view mirrors

Dave Bassett

True Classic
I have been trying to find a set of mirrors to mount to the door in the standard U.S. location. I have been through three sets are are supposed to be specific to the car. None offer enough edjustment to use on the passenger side eeven tough they are denoted as L/R. In fact the suppoed L/R mirrors have been identical. Any suggestions?

Dave, If you're looking at the 850, I don't believe there was a L/R mirror in those days. I like the look of the Talbots, they are period correct for the doors, or even better the front fenders.

BTW, if you're not feeling that rich, replicas found on Ebay.

When I bought my 850 coupe, brand new, in 1967 the outside rear view mirror was an option. I declined it as I wanted the Talbot bullet mirror.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to find a flat-style set rather than bullet. Thekey problemisthat the passengerside has to be rotated clockwiseto connect the driver's eyes with the road next to the car. And, of course,I would like them to match.

I don't think folks even put passenger side mirrors on back then. I have always found it a pain to orient passenger side windows on Fiats to make them useful. Not an option for an 850 but the "through the window" mirrors are by far the best for Xs.

I don't think you will succeed with an exterior mirror on the passenger side. This is a chance to show another shot of my coupe. I have the outside mirror from 1970 on the drivers door which is OK but inside I have the oversized 3-piece mirror that has the outer portions angled so that I can see outside of the rear quarter windows. These are very effective.
Pheasant Wood 12.jpg

Like these?
I hope they can ship to the states ... https://amzn.eu/d/67eOb1p
Fiat 500/126

Uponfurther examining and thinking about a "pair"I recently bought, I realised that the wands onto which the mirrors atttach arespringloaded and that I may be able to shim one of them internally to allow it to work on the right side. I will report.

Back