PA / NJ / Del / NY Folks! NJ FIATs Covered Bridge Tour Sunday 10/4/20

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Posting this for Ralph (XWeb member name LanciaHF). The Bridge Tour is a follow-the-leader brisk drive thru Central/Upper Bucks that concludes in a pot-luck lunch. We just follow the leader and enjoy the scenery, no real need for precise navigation or attending to clues and directions as would be for a rally-type event. Many wives attend so not your typical FIAT sausage-fest :)

Sunday, October 4, 2020 will be our annual Bucks County Covered Bridge Tour. This year will be our eleventh year.

We will start the tour at the Washington Crossing Park in PA. The meeting point will be the large parking lot 1/8 mile north of the Visitors Center, on the PA side of the River. The Driving Tour starts at 9:45 AM, The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours. This year the tour will end at the Tohickon Valley park. Please bring a dish to share.

Please let me know if you will be going, I want to be sure we have everyone before we start the tour. I look forward to seeing you all again. I'll send out another reminder as the event gets closer.
More Info and pictures from past events at

http://www.njfiats.org/images/stories/bridge/Bucks_County_Tour.htm

If you need anything you can call me at 609-five-one-zero-0001.

Thanks,
Ralph

Below are some information for interested in attending.
Thanks

Tour starts at the Washington Crossing Park in PA. The meeting point will be the large parking lot 1/8 mile north of the Visitors Center, on the PA side of the River, left side of the road. The Driving Tour starts at 9:45 AM, and will last about 2.5 hours. The tour will end at the Tohickon Valley Park.

Bridge #1 Van Sant Bridge

Make a left out of the Washington Crossing State Park Parking Lot and go north on Rt. 32 to Lurgan Road (6 Miles) - Turn Left (Bowman Tower Sign). Travel approx 1.4 miles to Van Sant Rd - Turn right - .3 miles to - Van Sant Bridge

Bridge #2 -The Cabin Run Bridge (Travel Time 30 minutes, 13 Miles)

From the Van Sant Bridge – Continue to Aquetong Road – make a left on Aquetong road.

Continue on Aquetong Road as the road crosses over RT 232 & 202 go 4 miles to Upper York Road (RT 263) - turn right - then left immediately - go 2.8 miles to Carversville - turn left in center of village (4 way Stop Sign) - go 1 block - turn right on Carversville / Wismer Rd / Pipersville Rd - go 3.6 miles, mk right on Stump Road, 3/4 mile make a left on to Schlentz Hill Rd. Continue on Schlentz Hill Rd. Drive to Covered Bridge Rd to - Cabin Run Covered Bridge

After The Cabin Run Covered Bridge, (caution, bumpy road) continue on Covered Bridge Road 1/2 mile, take your first left for a Rest Stop at the Stover-Myers Mill Park.

Bridge 3 - The Frankenfield Bridge.

From the rest stop entrance make a left out of the parking lot and make a right on Dark Hollow Rd, Continue on Dark Hollow Road for 1.8 miles and turn left on Brick Church Road after the Big Red Brick Church and Cemetery. Continue on Brick Church Road (1 Mile) and make a right on Hollow Horn Road - Continue on Hollow Horn Road (1.7 Miles) to - the Frankenfield Bridge.

*** (Note Brick Church Road makes a sharp right after .8 miles and continues for another .2 miles to Hollow Horn Road.) ***

Bridge 4 - the Erwinna Bridge.

From The Frankenfield Bridge make 1st right on to Hollow Horn Road, continue on to Headquarters Road and make a right. - (bear/turn left to stay on Headquarters Rd) Stay on Headquarters Rd for about 1 mile then turn left on Geigel Hill Road (Old Style Post Office on Corner) - go .2 miles to - the Erwinna Bridge.

Tohickon Valley Park - (Lunch & Rest Stop) Trip End

From the Erwinna Bridge – Continue on for .5 miles and take your first right on Upper Tinicum Church Road. Continue on Upper Tinicum Church Road for 1.9 miles to Jugtown Hill Rd - Make right on onto Jugtown Hill Rd and go 1 Mile and make a right onto PA-32 S (River Road), Head south on RT32 for 1.3 miles. Turn right onto E Dark Hollow Rd and continue for 1.6 miles. Next make a left on Cafferty Road. Continue on Cafferty Rd for 1.9 miles. Park Entrance on your Right.

Tohickon Valley Park - 158-164 Cafferty Rd, Pipersville, PA 18947

bridge2018.jpg

Just wanted to thank Ralph for organizing yet another excellent Covered Bridge Tour. We had a nice variety--a couple of Exxies, three modern 500s, two modern Spiders, an Alfa (plus a 4C made a cameo appearance at a rest stop), a host of carbed and injected classic Spiders, an original Mini and that British X1/9 (aka TR7) :).

The weather was gorgeous, some leaves were falling, everyone got to reconnect with folks we haven't seen in a year, and we even had the de rigeuer breakdown and field repair (apparently classic FI spiders have a piggyback connection on the coil similar to exxies).

Glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves. You certainly had the perfect day for it. I so wanted to go this year, as my X is "finally" on the road again. Unfortunately, I had a family obligation that prevented me from attending this, as well as another local event near my home.

Back