Paging Yves... Need Connector PN

lookforjoe

True Classic
Your reference thread:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/16722/

looking for the part number for the connector / pigtail used for the speedo sensor 191 919 149E

img015md.jpg

Bought a VAG connector, but it's the wrong size :(

126BE93D-FF1A-4BF5-8C5C-E986B4F004DC_zpskztjvn0s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe....

Possibly. Probably. :rolleyes:

I need a speed signal for Bosch LH2.4 - the idle control won't function properly without the speed signal to tell the system whether the vehicle is stationary or moving.

I have to use the circuit board off the back of a 200/700 Volvo that takes the signal & conditions it for the EMS.

I re-read your thread, I don't know whether I'm also going to need a speedohealer to make the signal compatible. I also haven't found a Fiat speedo - but I haven't looked that hard either. Do you have a source for them?

Many thanks, Yves - I'll contact th & see if they will ship to USA

EDIT - no problems, bought the newer one you listed.

Last edited:
Some file photos I saved

From Yves post but I never saw a schematic. This was a big project at the time if I remember correctly.

img008y.png

img010zq.jpg

img011kg.jpg

img016cw.jpg

img017uq.jpg

Electronic Odometer

Hussein,
I think I have handwritten draft of the electrical wiring.
I'll try to find it.

Disassemble the physical assembly odometer and reset all wheels to zero, very easy, unclip small plastic hook, just need to be gentle.

Hussein,
I think I have handwritten draft of the electrical wiring.
I'll try to find it.

Disassemble the physical assembly odometer and reset all wheels to zero, very easy, unclip small plastic hook, just need to be gentle.

Any luck with the schematic? The 98 Punto MK1 instrument cluster just arrived :)

Hi Hussein,
sorry for being so long...
Finally I found my sheet note, not a lot of detail but enough to connect properly the Speed Sensor to the Speedohealer and the Punto Speedometer.

In the next days I will upload somewhere pictures of the electronic speedo project and post the link.

6GT5M5l.jpg

Oops.. sorry Guys, there is:

x19cluster

Hello again.

I couldn't find the explanation of how you switched the gauge faces over. Does the needle simply pull off & press back on? Was there any trick I need to be aware of when doing this part of the conversion?

+256% is the value I should enter in the speed healer, correct? Since the hardware is the same, I presume the value should not deviate much from that.

Thanks

Switch face plate

Hi Hussein,
Yes just pull off the needle (Needle is press fit) and remove the two small screws on the face plate.

You have to made a compromise between the dial needle speed indicator and the odometer counter. When you insert back the needle on the post of the new electronic speedo and if you point the needle to 0 MPH and adjust the speedo Haler for the needle dial at 60 MPH when you cruise at 60 MPH the odometer will not reflect the real displacement, you must put the needle under 0 MPH of the face plate (I use for reference speed a GPS).
If you keep the speedo Haler at +256% the odometer wheels is under of the real millage. For me to have the real millage I setup the speedo Haler to ~ +280% and insert the needle under the zero MPH of the face place ... I need to do many try and error to have a good reading.
First thing to do, it is to adjust the speedo Haler to reflect the real traveling wheels counters.
After you have the correct setting move the needle under or over the zero of the face place ... that a try and error until you have the needle to point the correct speed, for my reference I go to 60 MPH.

Yves

Last edited:
Many thanks, Yves.

My current speedo is pretty awful in terms of accuracy - "optimistic" I'd call it :rolleyes2:

I follow your example & start with a setting a little below zero & see what it's like with your base setting of +280%

I have an old GPS I can plug in to cross check mileage reading when I get to that point.

Back