Parting out 1986 Bertone X1/9

Rodger

True Classic
There will be more to come as I get to taking the car apart, but here are the first items.

Tron hub caps. These are notorious for falling off due to breakage of the retaining tabs. I have seven of them in various condition. The hub caps are numbered 1-7. They are arranged in the same order in both photos. #1 is the best and has all of the tabs although some are slightly bent: $35. 2-5 are all about the same: $20. #6: $15. #7: $10. Shipping extra. They will fit in a USPS medium flat rate box so shipping would be around $16.
IMG_0412.JPGIMG_0410.JPG

If there is something else that you want, pm me and I will see if it is there. I know the forum rules require a price so will post that with the items that I offer for sale. Here are a few pictures of the car as it sits right now. There are several bins full of parts that I have yet to go through but will post things as I come across them. It does have the original seats and door cards.
IMG_0386.JPGIMG_0387.JPGIMG_0397.JPGIMG_0398.JPGIMG_0400.JPGIMG_0401.JPGIMG_0402.JPGIMG_0403.JPG

The top of the dash is not cracked but there is a divot next to where the Bertone logo used to be.IMG_0404.JPG

I may need a right front corner (wheel arch forward) and a left door if it's rust free.
Someone started to cut off the right front fender but stopped short of finishing it. It looks pretty good to me. You can see the cuts in these photos. The passenger door is really good and is original to the car, ie. electric windows only. Unfortunately, the driver's door is a replacement and has the cable pulleys in it and has quite a bit of rust on the rear outer seam. It is straight though. Someone cut holes for speakers and made kind of a mess of that area inside the door. I can take photos of it later and you can decide if you want to deal with it.
IMG_0405.JPGIMG_0406.JPG

i want the wiring harness plugs to the fuse box with 12"leads or the whole thing.. not the fuse box though

Looks like there will be a lot of good parts from it.

Roger, if you get to the point of stripping it down to the shell and decide to cut it up for "rust repair patches", then I'd like a couple of sections. But I'm in no hurry at all and won't even ask until it eventually gets to that point (if at all). Thanks

And I see all the nice AC system parts you will be using. ;)

I have a clean set of Trons but gave away the center caps (which I regret doing). I really don't plan to use the wheels, which is why I let the caps go. But it would be nice to have good center caps to complete the wheel set. However I can't justify buying them after I gave away the ones I had, and with no real intent of using them. :(

Last edited:
Looks like there will be a lot of good parts from it.

Roger, if you get to the point of stripping it down to the shell and decide to cut it up for "rust repair patches", then I'd like a couple of sections. But I'm in no hurry at all and won't even ask until it eventually gets to that point (if at all). Thanks

And I see all the nice AC system parts you will be using. ;)

I have a clean set of Trons but gave away the center caps (which I regret doing). I really don't plan to use the wheels, which is why I let the caps go. But it would be nice to have good center caps to complete the wheel set. However I can't justify buying them after I gave away the ones I had, and with no real intent of using them. :(
Yes, I will be eventually cutting it up to get rid of the shell. The seller did not have a title, so I can't take the shell to a salvage dealer unless I can get some type of waiver from the Department of Licensing. I will most likely cut it up into small pieces and get rid of it a bit at a time. The best thing is to take some photos of the panels you want and outline where you would want me to cut.

I will most likely cut it up into small pieces and get rid of it a bit at a time. The best thing is to take some photos of the panels you want and outline where you would want me to cut.
Thanks. If you let us know when that phase of the deconstruction gets close I will contact you with more details.

There will be more to come as I get to taking the car apart, but here are the first items.

Tron hub caps. These are notorious for falling off due to breakage of the retaining tabs. I have seven of them in various condition. The hub caps are numbered 1-7. They are arranged in the same order in both photos. #1 is the best and has all of the tabs although some are slightly bent: $35. 2-5 are all about the same: $20. #6: $15. #7: $10. Shipping extra. They will fit in a USPS medium flat rate box so shipping would be around $16.
View attachment 34870View attachment 34869

If there is something else that you want, pm me and I will see if it is there. I know the forum rules require a price so will post that with the items that I offer for sale. Here are a few pictures of the car as it sits right now. There are several bins full of parts that I have yet to go through but will post things as I come across them. It does have the original seats and door cards.
View attachment 34871View attachment 34872View attachment 34873View attachment 34874View attachment 34875View attachment 34876View attachment 34877View attachment 34878

I'm interested in the instrument cluster for a research project - doesn't matter if its ugly, just if the dials and stuff work.

Plan is to try to build a kit to adapt a K20 swapped X with the analog gauges. Thx.

I'm interested in the instrument cluster for a research project - doesn't matter if its ugly, just if the dials and stuff work.

Plan is to try to build a kit to adapt a K20 swapped X with the analog gauges. Thx.
Sure it’s yours. The gauges have a little surface rust as the plastic face plate was loose and it got some moisture in it. It should be good for what you need.

Back