Parts car in Northern Michigan

What are those tires on the RHS of the car? I've never seen them before. Not sure how I feel about them but it's a shame there are only 2...

This originally caught my eye because of the cromodoro wheels - I thought they might be worth $650 on their own, but then I realized it was a mismatched set.

79< steelies and CD91's. Probably the number 1 and number 2 most common X1/9 wheels out there. The steering wheel, however; did look aftermarket and might be of interest.

Is that Jeff VanDykes other old car? There were some folks that bought a car he bought as spare parts.

Nice fresh too bright silver paint on those wheels

Get a set for free-$100 and DIY refurb for another free-$100 and alot of time. Or gotta pay to play @ $750. On the other hand; My Spectra's are nearly mint condition, and I'm only asking $400
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/spectre-wheels-tires.33463/

I'm not in the market for wheels - sorry if that sounded like I was haggling for a price. I'm still just learning about these cars and starting to plan a project and get a handle on costs for what I would like to end up with. I'm new to the X1/9 and classic cars in general, and used to just being able to order parts. So when you say "just get a set for free - $100" I'm genuinely puzzled about how you would do that. Junk yard? This forum? Certainly not on Ebay or any online vendors.

Junk yards or possibly forum members who have too many spares. I at one point had two or three full sets of 91s that I couldn't give away. I ended up scrapping them , along with a pair of later big bumpers. Wasn't a bad aluminum scrap day, that day.

Back