Parts shipping help wanted from Canada.... (NFC)

Larry

True Classic
Posting for a friend who owns a Toyota Sports 800....

I'm looking for a contact in Canada who can accept a small shipment of distributor caps for cars (with 2-cylinder engines) from a Toyota dealer in Canada. The dealer cannot ship to the US (California) directly, according to the powers-that-be at Toyota. The Dealer has a bunch of them on hand and really no market for them. The dealer wants $15 each. A group of us are going in on a group buy of all that he has.

Total costs of the distributor caps will be less than $200, perhaps much less than $200, and are destined for cars more than 25 years old. I think that means that it can be done without customs problems. Customs Declaration says classic car parts, more than 25 years old won't cause any export or customs problems.

The person can be located anywhere in Canada. The Dealer needs to send the package to a Canadian address. The Package would need to be re-mailed to the US. He's looking for someone who knows a bit about cars so they can open the package, make sure what's in the package are indeed distributor caps and not say spark plugs or air filters.

Please feel free to PM me for details or if you can help...

Larry

Hi Larry. I should be able to help you out...no problem.

I ship stuff out from here in Canada to the USA all the time. I know all the customs forms and such. As long as the value of the shipment is less than $800 US...no problems...no duties..no taxes....Over that $$ is a PITA......

I am in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Where is that Canadian Toyota dealer ?

I work through a logistics company here and get great rates for shipping from here to USA.

PM me if you want. Doug

Hi Larry. I should be able to help you out...no problem.

I ship stuff out from here in Canada to the USA all the time. I know all the customs forms and such. As long as the value of the shipment is less than $800 US...no problems...no duties..no taxes....Over that $$ is a PITA......

I am in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Where is that Canadian Toyota dealer ?

I work through a logistics company here and get great rates for shipping from here to USA.

PM me if you want. Doug
Thanks. I'll forward your note to the requestor and he'll contact you. I can be as involved or uninvolved as you like. Matt's a nice guy even though he doesn't own a mid-engine Fiat.

Back