PBS cams for 1.8L DOHC

RobM

True Classic
Hi, Documents which came with my Scorpion indicated it has Alquati cams, but when I removed the cam bank end caps, I found I have PBS cams. The intake is marked B3 and the exhaust L1. Does anyone have the specifications on these cams? What should the valve clearances be? Thanks!

Here is a copy of the old PBS cam data sheet.

cam_data.jpg

Thanks Jim. It shows two different "B3"s, but at least they have them same lash spec. No sign of the "L1" though.
The car does have the Alquati intake manifold. I wonder who's header is on it? -Rob

Jim, Will Holding from Westbury, NY thinks PBS continued the Serra L1 grind, and therefore kept the L1 designation.
P.S.: My first car was a '68 124 Sedan (in 1974). Love the sedan.

Thanks Rob,

The sedan seems real popular around town too. I get a lot more people coming up to me at gas stations, or thumbs up driving down the road than I see with my X1/9. It looks similar to many makers sedans from the period, so I guess it is more relate-able to people.

Jim, Will Holding from Westbury, NY thinks PBS continued the Serra L1 grind, and therefore kept the L1 designation.

The Serra L-1 & PBS L-1 are definitely not the same cam grind. The PBS Fiat DOHC L-1 cam is 40/80-80/40 with a 300° duration at 0.000" (252° at 0.050") and .407"/10.34mm lift run at .010"Int/.012"Ex clearance settings.

Thank you Jeff!!!!!! Now I can order shims and get the proper clearances. : )

I found this picture on the innerwebz and figure it belongs in this thread.
serra.jpg

Back