Photo hosting

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
I'm not sure where the best place is for this question, especially since it really does not apply directly to Xweb. But I trust the opinions of our wonderful members and would like to ask for references.

I've only participated on one or two forums other than Xweb. And really only one that I continue to follow much. But I recently found an issue with posting pictures on that forum. The process there is much like ours used to be before our excellent administrators upgraded things; photos need to be hosted elsewhere first, then linked to post on the forum. I've been using "PostImage" for that purpose. And solely for that purpose; I keep all of my images on my hard drive and not on the cloud. Until recently PostImage has been great - easy to use, free, and worked wonderfully for that purpose. But now they have changed their services and no longer offer the same linking access needed for the other forum. I can still upload images to PostImage but cannot link them to post in the forum. It isn't quite the PhotoBucket fiasco but the result is similar. So I guess I need to find another image hosting service.

That is my question. What picture hosting services does anyone recommend? Preferably free, easy to use (particularly for an idiot like me), and will allow the images to be linked to forums. Please tell me if additional information is needed to answer this. Thanks.

I used to host my own on Dropbox. I do very little hosting now that this forum does so. I don’t have enough to share on VWVortex to bother with dealing with it.

not quite what you're looking for, but those of us seeking a "prosumer" photo hosting, I've been on smugmug for years -- they're the best!

I've been on smugmug for years
Thanks. Generally speaking I'm not a huge photo person. I don't take many pics and still consider a cell phone as a phone, not a camera (I know, old school). As it has been seen on this forum frequently, I tend to post pics found on Google Image rather than may own stuff. So photo hosting isn't that important to me other than the occasional inclusion in a forum post. With Xweb that isn't a problem because now that we have onboard hosting I can post images directly. But with another forum that I occasionally participate on, photo posting requires a third party host. The one I was using has changed its rules and no longer works to do that. So I was hoping to find another option. Due to the very limited use I really do not want to pay for a service...just wouldn't be worth it to me. I assumed there must be several easy to use, basic function, free access services available on the web?

Back