Photobucket Broken Link Fix

"Special K" reported a downloadable fix for this before, but as a Chrome user I like that this is a secure extension that is incorporated into the browser. Not that I know what any of this means, I'm toward the bottom of the "IT" food chain, so the simpler it is to use thew more I like it.

So this overrides PB's recent 3rd party hosting limitation, but only for Chrome? I guess it doesn't matter now, I've already transferred about 20K images OUT of PB because of this. :(

So this overrides PB's recent 3rd party hosting limitation, but only for Chrome? I guess it doesn't matter now, I've already transferred about 20K images OUT of PB because of this. :(
I believe it will only work for the amount of time it takes Photobucket to discover the exploit and patch it.

I am downloading pictures I can't find on my pc. I never could get the "download album" feature to work, so I just get one or two at a time. I have deleted some albums after making sure I have the originals here at home

One thing I find funny is I see people are still posting images from PB on forums, even though mo one can see them.

I believe it will only work for the amount of time it takes Photobucket to discover the exploit and patch it.
Likely so. Is the earlier patch (as Karl previously referenced on a prior thread) still working? I haven't used it so not sure.

I am downloading pictures I can't find on my pc. I never could get the "download album" feature to work, so I just get one or two at a time. I have deleted some albums after making sure I have the originals here at home

Much the same scenario here. I've had to download one image at a time. The bitch is, PB renamed all my files so they don't keep the original continuity. Reorganizing hundreds, and in some cases thousands of pics from one album back into the original order is a chore I can't be bothered with at the moment.

This whole PB thing bring up questions about legal issues that perhaps should be addressed with respect to internet services and the manipulation of personal property. I'm referring to PB's actions, not the fix for it. Almost a copyright subject in a way...taking unauthorized control of the users data. Perhaps a security issue even. Not my area of expertise by any means - I'm poor at IT stuff in general. But certainly seems like a grey area, and at the very least unethical.

I am sure if you read the PB user agreement it covers the legality of what they are doing. All the bandwidth being used by the sharing I am sure is costly and due to the way the sharing is done you don’t see PB’s incessant advertisments which is the whole reason PB exists which is to serve up ads.

While these work arounds still work, I have been exporting threads as PDF’s so I have all the images and the context. This is actually part of my attempt at a best of XWeb project which I haven’t been working on for a while due to other life activities taking up much of my time (my apologies). I am hoping to include a post at the end of each best of thread with a PDF of the thread showing how it should be or once was.

Karl

Back