Photos of my Strada project

This is a 1979 US base model. It is the rare two door. It was my running parts car. When my 81 four door succumbed to some shoddy body work and stress cracks, I transferred some of parts and started the project. There is much to do but it is fairly straight forward. Unfortunately it has languished in project purgatory. I have long of projects, motorcycles, a scooter, and family cars to fix or maintain. My personal projects tend to be like the cliché mechanic car.

Scooter?

I have long of projects, motorcycles, a scooter, and family cars to fix or maintain.

What sort of scooter do you have? I'm currently in the process of "recommissioning" an '88 Yamaha Riva 200 that I've had in storage for many years. :)

j7dli8.jpg

Hi Jeff, my scooter project is a Vespa Et4 2003, it was crashed up front so I am transferring the components to a new frame.

Hi Ftpwr, I don't see anything I need but I belong to an informal group of about ten Strada owners if you don't mind I will share the link and the info.

Neat project! The 2-door looks a lot sportier than the 4. Stradas are definitely underrepresented so its cool to see one being saved. Did your 81 have a fuel injection setup that yyou will transfer over?

You aren't alone in the too many projects camp. I just finished a year long road bike rebuild project, and another mountain bike teardown and refurb. Back to Fiats now!

Thanks Cort for the words of encouragement. Yes my 81 Strada was fuel injected, and I did keep the drive train for future transfer. The F. I. Motor ran well, has about 70k miles on it, and a Faza 35/75 cam. After owning several 128s, I was pleasantly surprised that it has
All of the attributes of the 128 that I enjoyed, toss ability, tune ability, but has a more rigid chassis and a little more comfort. Yes I initially I found the styling a bit dubious, but it is mostly the US bumpers, and the add ons like ugly roof racks. The two door model with modified or European bumpers look pretty sharp IMHO. My vision is to finish the car as a rally replica similar to the one in my forum avatar

strada

not really fond of them when I worked for Fiat, but your rendition has changed my mind. beautifully done and now I want one for a grocery getter for the misses.
mikemo

Bicycles, what? Heh, indeed, another wheeled time-wormhole. But they're not FWD Fiats so that entails another thread so as not to hijack a rare Strada thread... :)

Indeed. Quite sadly my only Strada experience is having sort of tailed the whereabouts of a gold Strada here in Knoxville for a decade or so, it disappeared. And then somewhere along the way, I ended up owning an FI 1500 from a Strada but it (more sadly) became mostly water damaged over the years. Always thought that in the European crash trim they were cool cars and now that I've stumbled into "big block" 128 ownership I can imagine even more fascination with them.

Chris G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back