PNW Portland metro area meet

Espritblue

over x'd
Getting a bit late in the season, but is there any interest among X heads in the Portland Oregon Metro area for very casual get together at my place Later this month? I figure one day the 17th, 18th, 24th or 25th. If interested select the day that works best for you and an alternate.
I hosted a meet at my home several years ago. Plenty of off road parking, indoor swimming pool, Spa and billiard table. Could be the last gathering at my house as I want to sell the place.
ShZXq.jpg

efT3f.jpg

I missed the Washington Park meet - will be there for this one!

Had some issues at the mini-farm that kept me until past the gathering time for the Washington Park meet - I will bring my 'driving work in progress' Black Pearl so's everyone can tell me what I've done wrong/backwards/right!

Thankfully, the 18, 24th & 25th are open for me - let's pick one of those!

What should I bring?

OK, leaning toward the 24th...

Bring yourself, all else is optional. Bring your ride, even if not an X, however more X's the better. A guest or two if you wish, Though no one used the pool or spa last meet here, I will have the pool and spa warm, ready for guests.
I will supply sodas, bottled water, some beer, snack items and polish hot dogs and fruits for anyone that gets hungry.
I figure starting around noon, ending at dusk. Come to chat, or even mix in some minor car service (have lots of parts, tools and auto spray equipment). If you have a minor car project, let me know the specifics. Mostly, just a social event.
Looks like Saturday the 24th is best at this point, but will hold off on fixing date until I receive more input.

Steve K

Yah mon...

...the 128 will be there.
Perhaps BrentB & JeffG will bring theirs.
Hope good buds from south valley can bring theirs.
A 128 invasion...coming to clean up your X1/9 town.
Heh.

Glad to hear you're up to hosting again.
Very nice to provide refreshments too.
Last chance to see an amazing house.

OK, looks like the 25th....

Will be the day. Just received another response and the 25th is only day that works for all.
Looks like this will be a good meet to bring a camera. If all bring the toys they have discussed, it should be a very diversified collection.

Steve K

I'd like to come down...

I hope to come down as well, if it's ok.

I can't guarantee I'll be able to, but will keep it on my calendar. I have some project approaching deadlines and don't know if I'll be able to spare the day. :(

Looks firm on the 25th...

My son just informed me that he needs to be back at U-Dub on the 24th. So my poor truck will be loaded with his "necessities" of life for another round trip to Seattle and back on Saturday.

As some of you know, I am quite reasonable and generous with my parts, so by all means, put a list together of anything you may want or need and e-mail to me before the meet. If I have the part(s) and I don't need it for my own projects, I'm sure we can work a deal. I try to check the parts out before I clean bag and store, but sometimes a bad one slips passed (sorry Brent).

I can't paint an entire car at the meet, but if you have a small panel or repair that needs leveling and matching paint applied, My equipment and "booth" (corner of upper garage) is still configured for painting as I still have door jams and touch up painting to do on my cars. I have some OMNI-AU paints in some Fiat colors as well as Original KlearKote top finisher. If you want to do some paint shooting, plan to come over early, say 9 or 10am, so as most of the painting will be done before the meet begins. I have masking tape, paper, primer, thinners, bug-tar remover, sandpaper, sanding blocks, Bondo, por15, rust converter, glazing & spot putty.

Well guess it is time I add to calendar (if I can figure out how to do that).

When:
Sunday, September 25th
workshop starts at 9am, and social starts at noon.
Meet ends when the last participant leaves, likely some time around dusk (or we close up shop and grab a dinner and suds at a local Mcmenamins)....I don't know...just making this up as we go....

17917 NE 38th Way
Vancouver, WA 98682

That "Help, I'm lost!" call:
360-600-2303 (my cell)

Directions:
Coming from the north, take I-5 to 205.
Exit 500 east. Take the "Camas" exit at the light (right turn).
Stay on fourth plain heading east passed the Classic car dismantler (ok, some of you will want to stop and check out that place)
turn right onto 162nd at the corner with the Safeway gas station and Burgerville.
Stay on 162nd. Turn left at 39th (3rd light).
Take 39th east to the stop sign. road jogs to the right at the sign and 39th becomes NE Edmunds. Take NE Edmunds (go strait) to the first street on the left (old yellow house on corner). Turn left onto NE 38th Way.
Street snakes down to the right (east). Continue till you see a strange octagonal house on the right. That is the place. Park on lower level by the black X1/9 or upper level (drive passed the house and up the drive).

From the south, take 205 across the Columbia river to hwy 14 toward Camas (east).
Exit hwy 14 at 164th. Take 164th north (left turn under hwy 14).
Remain on 164th. Road will jog to left, then right and become 162nd.
continue on 162nd till you come to 39th. Turn right onto 39th and use above directions to get to my home.

Or...Google map and use those directions...that is what I would do...
(Google street view shows the house as green. House has been painted tan, no longer green :)).

Hope you all can make it and have a good time!

Ciao.

Steve K

OK, hope you can make it...

And seeing your rare Corsa is always a treat. If you can't make the meet but would like a part or two, I will be driving up your way on the day before. Space is a bit limited on truck, but certainly can transport smaller items. My son leaves very little back at home when he leaves for college.
Ciao.

Steve K

that is called "fashionably late"

OK with us! Typically, at similar meets in PNW, group grows till about 2pm or 3pm then slowly tapers off till dusk.

Wish I could make it...

but I will likely be spending that weekend getting supplies for my son's birthday party.

Well, Hope you can make it....

I will be in Seattle on the 24th to drop my son at U-Dub. Will be meeting another Xhead to drop off some parts. If you can made Seattle in the 24th and need some parts, send me a list. Otherwise, good luck with BD party.

Steve K

One week to go...

Just a reminder of PNW gathering at my place on the 25th. Any of you that are in need of parts, get your list to me as early as possible before the 25th so as I have the time to dig through my parts pile.

I will be up in Seattle on the 24th with my truck. More than happy to run some parts up that way for those that can not make the Sunday 25th meet and live in Seattle area. Space on truck is limited so get your parts list to me ASAP (preferably before wed.). We still need to work out a meeting place in Seattle.

No one has indicated any "projects" to work on, so looks like Sunday the 25th will be a social starting at noon. If you do have a car project for Sunday let me know, otherwise I'm not expecting anyone to show up before noon.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new ones on the 25th. If weather turns bad on the 25th, plenty of room in house and garages.

Steve K

X or 128...

Not sure what to take yet. Drive the X or tow the 128. The wiring is kind of a mess on the 128 near the relays. Also have some heavy gauge wires getting hot while the car is running. :shock: :help: If I drag it along, maybe someone can shed some light on that while it's there. Then again...nice day makes for some fun X driving. Either way, if anyone going to the gathering has a 128 shop manual/wiring diagram, could you bring it?

Back