Posting pictures but the come out sideways??

79X19

True Classic
Hello,

When I post a thread and upload pics they are orienting themselves sideways. I check them on my computer and they are right way up then get uploaded incorrectly. Am I doing something wrong? How do I get them to orient correctly?

Thanks

Happens to me also often.
Not sure, but if recall correctly then all portrait photos are rotated horizontally.

It may be dependent on the particular device used to capture the photos, and the orientation info that gets stored along with (some) photos. I have a possible solution, but it means some low-level server changes. I'll do that as soon as I have enough time to investigate/fix, probably this weekend.

I had this problem as well and was able to fix it. The issue seems to be that the JPG reader code used on this site is not compatible with the way many photo editing tools do image rotation. I solved the problem by using a very old JPG photo editor (Paint Shop Pro version 4.12) to rotate and save the image. I'm sure there are other editing tools that can do this as well.

I've now reconfigured the server so that it looks at EXIF orientation data embedded in image files. Sometimes this information gets stripped by other programs so it may still not work in all cases. This change will likely only be effective on new uploads going forward. Please give it a try!

I tried it today and the picture loaded correctly! Hopefully this cures it 100% but so far so good. Thank you

Back