Power Window bump stop?

Brett

True Classic
On the power windows there is an adjustment bolt/post that has a rubber bumper on the top of it that hits a plate to stop the window at the right place when being raised. Does anyone have a source for that rubber bumper or suitable replacement?

I "rebuilt" mine

with black silicon paste. Not pretty, but works and held the old rubber pieces together.

I might have one, there is a complete junk door from a late model X sitting in my back garden. I will have a look tomorrow.:)

hoping...

Thanks sledghammer, for the bumpstop to be there, it has to be power windows. If I can get one, I can maybe fab something out of a different block of rubber. Mine was completely gone, so no option to rebuild with paste like dustr...
(though, as I type this, I'm thinking why don't I pull the card off the passenger side and look for the bumpstop on it. Passenger side gets less use, and seems to stop where its supposed to, so *maybe* the bumpstop is ok on that side and I could use it for a model...)
Can't believe no one has replacements though, seems like something that should be wearing out on any power window Xs...

I believe they do wear out in short order...

Can't believe no one has replacements though, seems like something that should be wearing out on any power window Xs...

How many X's have you seen that have the windows stop too high? Especially on the drivers side?

But yeah I am also surprised no one makes replacements, or offers a suitable substitute. Gotta be a hood stop or something out there that is close enough.

Pete

Ok, had a look and the bump stop is definately there. Looks to be in good condition. It sits in a small bracket near the base of the door.
Late model door which had the latest style of electric window motor fitted.
I can just cut the door open with a grinder to remove it.
£12 including shipping. This will just cover my time and effort.
I can take paypal.

You are trying too hard...

What I'm looking for is just the little rubber part...
its sits on top of an adjustment screw that goes up and down with the window. No cutting should be required. I'm not sure how it fits on top of the adjustment screw since mine is missing, it might require removal of the entire adjustment screw to keep it intact and be a good example, but no cutting should be required.

Back