Preparing For Dallara Body Kit

Installed the new frunk inner cable after school, fairly uneventful install. To access the lock screw on the latch, I had to remove the right cover mesh, undo the latch, & move it around some to get to the lock screw.
Today on my lunch break I ran the thin 3M tape down the fender, around the nose and back up to the pass door edge.
I think it looks OK without the wide stripe on the nose, at least I feel that way today....
View attachment 82530
After school I removed the spoiler, located the correct push pins & primed & painted them to match. I don't like them standing out more than necessary.
View attachment 82532
View attachment 82531
More tomorrow
I like it fine without. I could also see it just as a spear ending at the edge of the front radius above the yellow side stripe block where it ends.

I like it fine without. I could also see it just as a spear ending at the edge of the front radius above the yellow side stripe block where it ends.
I had to process that for a bit - that one I'd have to see in the flesh to make a determination. First thing that pops into my head is the flourished pin striping heads of the 70's (could be in fact a different decade, but that's what I free-associated it with) 🤪

I wasn't going to say anything before, but I agree the wide yellow stripe on the nose was a bit too much. Somewhat distracted from the side stripes. The thin line looks way more restrained.

I wasn't going to say anything before, but I agree the wide yellow stripe on the nose was a bit too much. Somewhat distracted from the side stripes. The thin line looks way more restrained.

Yeah, the actual Dallara had "Dallara" in the nose vinyl, which did help break up the solid. I didn't want to do the lettering. I think I will just leave it as is.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.20.40 PM.png

Yeah, the actual Dallara had "Dallara" in the nose vinyl, which did help break up the solid. I didn't want to do the lettering. I think I will just leave it as is.

View attachment 82588
There is going to be some other guy, hopefully soon, who will be making these choices.

I think at this point it all needs to be well executed and clean.

People will either like the striping or they won't. If they don't and they buy it they can change it and all of those in the peanut gallery will whine and carp.

Great pics, good interaction during the auction and with any luck you will have a banner auction.

There is going to be some other guy, hopefully soon, who will be making these choices.

I think at this point it all needs to be well executed and clean.

People will either like the striping or they won't. If they don't and they buy it they can change it and all of those in the peanut gallery will whine and carp.

Great pics, good interaction during the auction and with any luck you will have a banner auction.

All true. I'm knit-picking over things that don't matter in the long run.

Shot many, many pics today of every aspect of the car. Many closeups to show the imperfections, so no surprises there, I hope. I took some video footage, however the wind noise is pretty horrendous. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on editing the audio track to reduce unwanted noise?

I don't have any editing advice, but I had pretty good results reducing wind noise on my GoPro by covering it with a foam sock.

Last edited:
I don't have any editing advise, but I had pretty good results reducing wind noise on my GoPro by covering it with a foam sock.
Thank Mike. I just used my phone, I can try a foam sleeve over the mike though.

Example - I shot another after this with the pass seat moved out of the way, wind noise is just as horrible

During the whole tidy & cleanup for shooting, I adjusted the handbrake (been 6K miles since I installed everything), which was pretty much just as simple as stock arrangement.
PXL_20240316_191917978.jpg

Also took the DS door panel off to fix the height adjuster/stop for the glass. The small inverted "L" bracket that retains the adjuster stop had bent on an angle so the glass rode to high, making closing the door with the lid on annoying, plus the glass pushes the rear chock out of the door channel when that happens. I MIG'd the bracket to the channel, so it can't flex outward anymore

PXL_20240316_205713096.jpg

Shot many, many pics today of every aspect of the car. Many closeups to show the imperfections, so no surprises there, I hope. I took some video footage, however the wind noise is pretty horrendous. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on editing the audio track to reduce unwanted noise?
Have a look at lightworks, its a free at entry level video editor and it has all kinds of filters. Audio and Video.
I just checked and it has a mic wind noise reduction on it.

I expected the wind noise to be worse by your post. It seemed as expected to me. DAMN! that looks like a blast to drive. Wish I got the chance to see it in person.

Have a look at lightworks, its a free at entry level video editor and it has all kinds of filters. Audio and Video.
I just checked and it has a mic wind noise reduction on it.
Thank you for the link - I signed up & downloaded the app onto my MacBook - unfortunately it doesn't seem to be playing well with the Mac - I can't get the track added to a project for editing. My well be I just don't have the processor and or video power :(

I expected the wind noise to be worse by your post. It seemed as expected to me. DAMN! that looks like a blast to drive. Wish I got the chance to see it in person.
Watching it, I can kind of put the noise aside, but I think many will find it vexing to watch?

Thank you for the link - I signed up & downloaded the app onto my MacBook - unfortunately it doesn't seem to be playing well with the Mac - I can't get the track added to a project for editing. My well be I just don't have the processor and or video power :(
If you like I can try it on my laptop, if you can send me a link so I can download the video I will see what I can do. No promises as to the results but I will give it a try.

If you like I can try it on my laptop, if you can send me a link so I can download the video I will see what I can do. No promises as to the results but I will give it a try.

Thank you Alex. The app keeps crashing, it doesn't like the Intel Graphics

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 7.50.42 AM.png

If you can pm me your email, I can share it from Goggle Drive. I thought I could share it via Dropbox, but that says view only for share links now

Longer video, more noise, I think

Last edited:
Back