Preparing For Dallara Body Kit

Ya know Hussein, if you'd get up off your lazy...

What did you think I was gonna say here?

HA!

My Lord... I get exhausted just reading your posts!

Ya know Hussein, if you'd get up off your lazy...
What did you think I was gonna say here?
HA!
My Lord... I get exhausted just reading your posts!

Lol.

Got the front lip mostly prepped for final priming, worked on the front fender tops, and did some more on the trunk lid/spoiler & made the rocker panel end caps before the weather dropped into the low 40's today. Snow on the ground, not ideal work situation.

I had to replace the t/belt tensioner & change out the injectors for a lower volume version, being getting 17-18mpg, even with tuning I couldn't improve on that, so I went back to closer to stock (Volvo NA) injectors (Bosch 0280155746 - 20lb) & reset the fueling constant. Still have an annoying squeak that sounds like a failing tensioner/idler bearing, but even with a stethoscope I can't seem to locate the source.:(

Installed the 38mm piston rear calipers yesterday.

Last edited:
Lol.

Got the front lip mostly prepped for final priming, worked on the front fender tops, and did some more on the trunk lid/spoiler & made the rocker panel end caps before the weather dropped into the low 40's today. Snow on the ground, not ideal work situation. I had to replace the t/belt tensioner & change out the injectors for a lower volume version, being getting 17-18mpg, even with tuning I couldn't improve on that, so I went back to closer to stock (Volvo) injectors (20lb) & reset the fueling constant. Still have an annoying squeak that sounds like a failing tensioner/idler bearing, but even with a stethoscope I can't seem to locate the source :( Installed the 38mm piston rear calipers yesterday.

... and again, I'm out of breath.

Been a chilly 68 degree here as well. I now live at 2650 feet and find we are IN the clouds relative to where I was living at 1500 feet for the last 45 years or so. Alas... we are truly blessed living out here.

Keep warm my friend...

Finally isolated the squeak to the belt itself. I used a Gates K050530 - Gates belts have a sheer outer surface, so I'm going to get a Conti PK1345. The gates belt is quiet as long as I spray it with silicone.

Started on the rear quarter marker lights - I forgot to cut for them before setting the inner arch support, so it was a bit of a pita.

Dallara_Wheel_Arches00052.jpg

Have to seal / finish the cutout.

Last edited:
Did the pass side today, and ran the wiring into the trunk Volvo 1259852 grommet. Bonded the seam of the inner arch to outer fender where it was separated by the cuts necessary to fit the marker.

EDIT: Mileage up to around 24mpg local driving with the 280 155 746 injectors.

Dallara_Wheel_Arches00046.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.

Cleaned up the cutout for the markers (TYC 17-5375-00 , TYC 17-5376-00) on both sides & wired them into the tail lamp circuit - EDIT - this side needs a little more shaping towards the bottom...

Dallara_Rear_Fender00032.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see color on this car. Looking good!

Any chance of you driving out to meet us all in Milwaukee next summer? :) seeing it in person would be a real treat and it clearly needs to stretch its legs.

Can't wait to see color on this car. Looking good!

Any chance of you driving out to meet us all in Milwaukee next summer? :) seeing it in person would be a real treat and it clearly needs to stretch its legs.

Hmmm... that is an interesting thought - what is happening, the annual Fiat meet? Or something smaller? It would be nice to meet some more X1/9 peeps. I will need to check dates ASAP, so any more info would help me figure it out :)

The meetup is Fiat Freak Out, it will be in Milwaukee July 19-23. There are a bunch of events as part of it, but the best part is the time spent in the parking lots talking and having a few beverages along with the drives. The Concour is fun and also very low key, nothing like Pebble Beach, it's just park what you brought.

A great bunch of people show up including a large contingent of folks from here.

This years event sum up: http://cc5club.blogspot.com/2016/08/cream-city-freakout.html?m=1

Got the EBC rear pads in today,

X19_0177b.jpg

and the Continental PK1345 serpentine belt, much quieter than the Gates version.

Last edited:
Nice...

Now take it apart, paint the calipers... and replace the rotors and flex lines (SS).

Geez... to I haveta tell you how to do everything?

Nice...

Now take it apart, paint the calipers... and replace the rotors and flex lines (SS).

Geez... to I haveta tell you how to do everything?

;) - those are brand new EBC rotors (been on the car a week or so), and the hoses were replaced a year ago along with all the handbrake related stuff. Don't believe in painting calipers :)

Cleared space in the garage for the Fiat for the winter - I guess I could actually work on it inside if I had to... not really room though

Last edited:
Got the S2000 all leather headrest inserts from Ricks (website link no longer valid) nicely made

Dallara00010.jpg

Dallara00088.jpg

Last edited:
Hussein... ya got me thinking.

Would it not be easier to just install the Dallara Kit on one of your favorite Volvos?

HA!

Hey... when yur done with your C30, let me know.

Back