Preparing For Dallara Body Kit

Hussein... ya got me thinking.

Would it not be easier to just install the Dallara Kit on one of your favorite Volvos?

HA!

Hey... when yur done with your C30, let me know.

LOL - the only thing I may do down the road to the Volvo is an AWD conversion - they never sold that model in AWD. Problem with these newer cars is not the mechanical side, that I can figure out, it's the software used to interconnect every aspect of the car ;(

"Problem with these newer cars is not the mechanical side, that I can figure out, it's the software used to interconnect every aspect of the car..."

So true... Just ask Tony K when he installed the Abarth Turbo into his X. Fifteen minutes worth of fabrication, 2 years of fooling with the computer.

Sun was out this afternoon so I took her out for a spin

DallaraHeadlamp00034.jpg

DallaraHeadlamp00009.jpg

Last edited:
Well...

Amazing work as always... nice day for top off driving. My only trouble is that I think all Dallaras need to have the top affixed. HA!

Getting tired of looking at the primer. Not going to get it painted prior to Carlisle Import Show, so I'm just gonna cover it all with the .99c rattle can black that I'm using to find the high/low spots. I'll try to get as even a coat as possible, given that this doesn't matter that much. After that I'll sand it all back & prime it properly. Started yesterday.

DallaraNose00084.jpg

DallaraRear00043.jpg

Last edited:
As always...

But hey, why not use the gray primer and highlight areas already sprayed in black. Flat black always looks "dirty" to me. Do let us see the results and any and all Carlisle show fotos.

As always...

But hey, why not use the gray primer and highlight areas already sprayed in black. Flat black always looks "dirty" to me. Do let us see the results and any and all Carlisle show fotos.

I'm not a fan of flat black, I just don't want to look at the primer for the next couple weeks :)

Well...

Just what are your color preferences? I've heard of TINTS that can be added to primer and I am assuming you have the wherewithal. Cost should not be that much of a concern and possibly even less. I guess where I am coming from is all the work you've put into this just to have it look like poo-poo for the show... I'd rather see it with a "deserving" covering, even for the interim.

You could hit it with a .99/can gloss clear after the flat black goes on, for a quality basecoat/clearcoat job. :p

Pete

WHOA! HA! That just might work but I think the primer would need to be knocked down a bit. At least he has options to make the car a bit more "presentable".

This paint is very easy to cut back when I'm ready to do the real primer. I don't want to coat it with anything that will create issues with that process. Until I have the time to take care of all the imperfections and get the panel blending completely taken care of, I don't want to spray the actual primer coat. This will do for the next few weeks. :D

Man I hope your sidemarkers work, that thing is daaark

Enjoy Carlisle

Thank you - yes the markers all work :)

It's easier to see the lines with it black now - I think I got them pretty straight in terms of panel transisitons & blending. I'm happy with the shape of it overall :)

Back