Preparing For Dallara Body Kit

I wouldn't use an open bearing like that.
I get what you are saying about not wanting an exposed bearing. But for this application the bearings move very little and have very little load - relative to what they are designed to be capable of. They are the standard design for most aftermarket coilovers, and have been utilized for decades that way without issues. I've had them on my oldest set of coilovers for almost 20 year In my opinion they stay quite clean if you do not lubricate them. And while that may sound wrong, consider what I said about their design in this application. I like that they are very thin and therefore don't take up any travel compared to the thicker type. But every situation will be different

To wrap up the overall thread (unless something crazy happens - the bodywork is (re)done. I'm not happy I had the accident, however I am much happier with the way the car looks now.

ref threads: Dallara Stripes Recovering from Offroad

Before & After pics

IMG-20200428-181437.jpg

PXL-20201024-204634275.jpg

IMG-20200405-180016.jpg

PXL-20201024-210911107.jpg

PXL-20201024-210903150.jpg

PXL-20201024-204620854.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you are happy with your rework. Congrats on doing a great job (both times, though you did better the second time :) )

The car looks fabulous. Great job.

The nose is really great. All the car is great, but since the nose is new, it is a success. And you may still have a week to enjoy it before the snow... 🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨🌨

Hussein,

OUR Mr. George Aspron built that wing for Jeff... and the original one was on his "Martini Racer". I dunno if he still will does that kind of work but I can check if you want. Let me know.

George.jpg

BTW... note JJ's "copyright" notice...

HA!

Hussein,

OUR Mr. George Aspron built that wing for Jeff... and the original one was on his "Martini Racer". I dunno if he still will does that kind of work but I can check if you want. Let me know.

BTW... note JJ's "copyright" notice...

HA!

I would be interested - even if he is willing to sell the pattern/dimensional drawings/templates if he doesn't want to make the item anymore...

Many thanks - I do agree - I'd just like the option of a spare trunk w/spoiler if I want to go OTT :D
Got the same thinking for my snorkel. I would like to put it on for car show and to scare slalom competitors, but for everyday traffic in down, I don't think I want that big thing in my rearview mirror 🧐

Any modification or customization is completely subjective. Definitely a personal preference and the choice is completely up to the owner. It's obvious I'm a huge fan of customizing and modifying cars. And I get my share of criticism for it. But I believe in "make it whatever you want it to be".

That being said, are you asking for opinions or simply stating your desire to add a wing? If it is opinions you seek, then mine would be to go with something smaller for a street car. That can be lots of styles, I'm just saying not as huge as the Dallara one. But your have done a terrific job building your X so I'm sure whatever you choose to do will come out great. :)

Any modification or customization is completely subjective. Definitely a personal preference and the choice is completely up to the owner. It's obvious I'm a huge fan of customizing and modifying cars. And I get my share of criticism for it. But I believe in "make it whatever you want it to be".

That being said, are you asking for opinions or simply stating your desire to add a wing? If it is opinions you seek, then mine would be to go with something smaller for a street car. That can be lots of styles, I'm just saying not as huge as the Dallara one. But your have done a terrific job building your X so I'm sure whatever you choose to do will come out great. :)

I was going to express my opinion on Dr.Jeff, but I will keep it for myself :rolleyes:

The wing would be purely astheatic. I would agree with someone trying to make a tribute to the original Dallara. But there are many cons. Like: cost, forget the rear trunk, rear traffic will be difficult to view, etc. In term of performance, you will be adding weight at the extremity of the vehicle

But in the end, if you like the look, as you say, you just need a spare trunk lid, so the car could be back to "normal" if you want. Whatever "normal" could be in a K20 Dallara bodied x19... :cool:

Last edited:
Welp...

I really try to avoid OPINIONS, mine or anyone else's...

It's my preference though that FORM should follow FUNCTION and not the other way around. If the car needs a snorkel, then add one, if the car needs a wing, then add one. With that in mind... I have a rear spoiler on my car and the only NEED I have for it is to "stylistically" support my "third brake light". which in LA-LA-LAND is a REAL necessity.

Otherwise its all a sham and and if that is what one is trying to perpetuate, then don't forget the Countach front wing, huge spoiler, rear diffuser and mega exhaust system. Hey... its your car and your fun, so do whatever you want!

One thing that appears to have escaped most here is the fact that Hussein's ride really does have the power to possibly NEED a rear wing!

Back