Probably for sale: 1977 X1/9 with AC

darwoodious

Darin Nelson
I don't know anything about this car except that it showed up on my youtube feed. Not even sure if it is sold, where for sale etc.

Looks to be in Texas. Looks to be in OK shape for a competent X'er on these forums. Not sure if it is titled or anything, but thought I'd share.

NOTE: you have to ignore the two 'filmmakers' - just focus on the car.

[Moderators: I'm not sure if I should move this off of the FS&W area since I don't know the price. If it belongs in Discussion, feel free to move it of course]

Painful to watch. These master mechanics ran it down the street at 4500 rpm with no oil pressure because it's a worthless Italian piece of crap. This ignorant attitude is why there are only 1,100 cars left out of an import population of 144,000. I sent them an email to find out where the car is.

I got this from the Youtubers that killed the engine:

"The owner is interested in getting rid of it. If you want to make an offer on it I will pass it on to him. Car is in the Texas panhandle."

Do you know the owner?
Can photos be obtained showing the condition of the body?

How to contact?

ran it down the street at 4500 rpm with no oil pressure
I acquired a complete X engine/trans assembly from someone wanting to do a Honda swap to their X. After tearing everything down it appears that did the same thing. Inside everything was severely damaged, I've never seen anything like it in all the years of playing with countless old cars. I assume they no longer cared about the Fiat drivetrain so decided to have some fun with it before yanking it out for the swap. Explains why he had a '**** grin' on his face when he told me "this is a great engine".

Do you know the owner?
Can photos be obtained showing the condition of the body?

How to contact?
I sent an email to the fine folks that uploaded the video. Their email is "dreamteampro.e"at"gmail.com". I guess the owner is a friend of theirs that lent them the car to destroy for the video. Try sending an email with your info. They will relay it forward to the owner. It's the best we can do. If more people contact them maybe they will think it's worth something and stop tearing it up?

I have a full working drivetrain from a 1300 that can be popped right in it (from my '76 K20 swap car) and can be had for free. Problem is I'm in Seattle.

Would be great to see this X1/9 stay on the road for sure...

I have TWO! 3 actually. One I know runs well, the other was from the previous owner of the '76 I bought (he too did a swap but for an Acura V6) and he reported it ran. Third is in my other parts car - no idea of that one.

I do need the room in my garage. I'll put up another posting for those after I do a compression test on them.

Back