Probably not important, but wondering why I can't find the engine type ID

LexZ

True Classic
This is probably not important but wondering why I can't find the engine type ID where the book says it is. I am curious also because the carburetor fan duck ordered from MWB does not fit. The car is supposed to be a '74 1300. Should I care?

IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg

This is probably not important but wondering why I can't find the engine type ID where the book says it is. I am curious also because the carburetor fan duck ordered from MWB does not fit. The car is supposed to be a '74 1300. Should I care?

View attachment 71356View attachment 71357
In looking at your photo it doesn’t look like you have cleaned up the area of the engine code.

A brillo pad and some simple green will likely draw it out.

5AA58617-B30A-45DF-A8B9-9AD7B4051F5B.jpeg

oops. Will do. Boy I feel stupid
No, you asked a question, we answered. You did nothing stupid. Asking questions is one of the ways we learn. The only stupid question is the one you didn’t ask :)

That area when the part was in the factor was a nice shiny machined surface which was then impact marked with shallow letters and numbers. It is not protected metal with no coating, is in a spot which gets liquid running down the face of it and dirt kicked up around it. Unless you are familiar with cars of the period you wouldn’t know what to look for.

I have done stupid things and for the most part people here haven’t called me on it. I am sure they shake their heads with some regularity.

Regarding your fan duct, there were a few versions based on manifold and carburetor fitted. They are a bit fussy to deal with.

This will happen a lot as the helpful members here almost always have a simple solution....
Simple people, simple solutions…

Back