Problem with dash lights....

bg82x

Bob Grasch
The dashboard lights on my 76 Scorpion are not working. Also my hazzard lights don't work either. When I flip the hazzard light switch there is a buzzing sound, but nothing else happens. Checked all fuses, no issues there. Anyone have any ideas where to start? Thanks!

I would start tracing power from the headlight switch to the dash lights rheostat (knob on right on my '77) and then to the dash lights. Also trace the ground(s). Could be a s simple as a loose harness plug on the back of the cluster.

I'm assuming you mean instrument cluster lights.

Hi Bob,

Check your earths to start with - power supply to the dash is the orange lead if Scorps are the same as Montes. Have you tried moving the dimmer? That could help. It's not a difficult job to take off the dashpod and clean all of the terminals and contacts. You can also replace the old bulbs with LEDs so you can actually see the dials in the dark!

On the hazard lights, dismantle the switch and make sure that the terminals in the switch are clean. Also check each wire for continuity. Are your indicators working?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Darren

Back