Progress on '67 H-production restoration.....sort of.

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
This has been taking far to long but the light at the end of the tunnel is at least a glimmer. I've been trying to get machine work on my motor for the last 7 months. First shop did great work, if you have a big block Chevy. Nice guys but never got anything done. Second shop (after pulling it from the first shop) was even nicer but no faster. Finally bribed the machinist with a case of Fanta Orange soda and got results! It's a 903cc block with A-112 head running a 32mm DMTRA Weber. 290 degree mild race camshaft hoping for around 60 horsepower. Backup motor is at the shop and will be 980cc with an 8-port head running a pair of DCOF's or Hilborn mechanical fuel injection. At current rate it will be up and running around 2023 or so. Hope yo have current motor finished , installed and running by the end of November.

HMMMMMMMMM.....pics not loading now. Will try loading later. Just imagine a red/black '67 Spider and a red/alloy motor in the meantime.

SOLVED! Apparently I was being punished by Microsoft for not being "synced" which means they want to spy more .

Attachments

• DSCI1331.JPG
    DSCI1331.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCI1330.JPG
    DSCI1330.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCI1329.JPG
    DSCI1329.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 117
Very happy to hear you finally got the machine work accomplished. Sadly your experience with those shops is very typical of how things tend to go here in Vegas. Looking forward to when we can socialize again so I can see your progress on this project.

For everyone's benefit, I saw this car before Frank bought it. It was in very sad shape and really nothing like it is now. He has completely transformed this into an extremely nice street racer. Great work! ;)

Back