Progress pics, interior and doors

glenegan

True Classic
Big, big thanks to Dom in Germany for help with felt! This forum is a great place full of awesome people!
I painted the trim, cleaned and rebuilt window winder mechanism:
43a6054c.png

I welded the tab that always breaks at the top of the winder motor bracket:
DSC_0631.jpg

I hated the way the doors used to clatter when you closed them, so I used dynamat on the skin and wrapped the rods for the lock and handles:
DSC_0636.jpg

I got new Henk mirrors as an Xmas present and installed LED courtesy light:
07965a38.png

I bought a new steering wheel from Japan about 7 years ago and installed that, I installed a new sewn carpet that I regret buying instead of Henk's NOS version :(
cd3ef1a7.png

The seats I had redone 4 or 5 years ago too by Mr Stitch in San Mateo:
f7aa6007.png

Now I am working on brown wire mod, relays and headlights!
Cheers,

Glen

The door cards are stock

They came from my original '87 X. The hardboard on the passenger one is a little beat up so i was pondering replacing it, but when i fitted it in i couldn't notice any problems so i probably won't bother (i know, i know, I am slacking...)

Dash looks in great shape too!

Looks like you have a very nice ride there. :thumbsup:

as usual

Glen, outstanding job.

Guys and gal's if you ever want to see a restoration done correctly. Mr. Glen's restore is truely outstanding as far as detail to originality is concerned. No cut corners :thumbsup:

Glen, I'll be getting that windshield this week :)

Awesome more pics

Man that looks sweet .....black on black. If I could ever get another, thats the color I would hunt for:thumbsup:

Looking good Glen

It will look like it just rolled out of the show room when you are finished. Hmmm... actually it might look better than showroom. :)

Nice photos

Hey Glen, your interior is by all respects identical to mine.
I like it! :thumbsup:

Felt was off German ebay

It has the rigid metal backing, I think Matt sells a replacement that will work as well though.

Back