Project DCOE on hold

carl

True Classic
I'm getting nowhere on leaning out the off idle mid-range (it will actually start fouling plugs after a few miles) and I need to make the car roadworthy as the spider is sold and the other X is months away from street duty. So I removed the DCOEs for now and reinstalled the 34DMTR which was working fantastic when I took it off months ago. Once the 77 comes on line I hope to get back to the DCOEs. At least now I know I can actually make it to the local Italian car show this coming weekend on four cylinders but I sure miss the sound and eye candy of those monsters.

You make it sound so easy...lol. Did you cut a hole in the rear trunk for those to go thru? I am in search (have been for a while) for a twin carb setup, and have thought of the twin Dcoes, vs twin DCNF, just because I have more time than money, and double dcoes are cheaper. Wonder what other pros and cons are vs the 2 setups....would like to see others air filter fabs built into rear trunks...it interests me

Definitely easier to mount DCNFs, that's for sure. Yes I had to make clearance in the crossmember. Also, the DCOE throttle arm rotates down and getting linkage to get it to work from the X linkage is a pain requiring an intermediate shaft or redoing the stock linkage shaft. I have pictures from my set up I can email you, I had previously posted them here but if you are like me you might never have success with the search function!

What is amazing is DCOEs are huge compared to a stock carb.

yeah, think I'll keep looking at DCNF's, lol...but damn they're expensive, or need lots of work used...

edit...what the heck, send some, I'm intrigued
kcozzo*tx.rr.com

Since I have a pair of IDFs, I'd like to find a manifold to put them on an X but I haven't found one except for the guy in Greece who sells split angle manifolds to work on Xs or 128s.

Wow, got your pics...wonder if all intakes made for those carbs are the same height as to put the carbs right at that upper frame work
yeah, IDF guy...Ginko, he's on here..wondered about IDF's myself, had a discussion about it...he's Greek, we need a translator...Idf's are cheap, can even get cheap chinese knockoffs cause of the VW crowd, but you need a box on top of engine lid.

oh, I didn't catch that...the split angle thing...isn't he making them? wonder if he'd make one at the specific angle...thought it was ginko, it's Jimgkioulis carbs. He has some DCNF setups, but man, still too much moolah for me...I always miss the good deals when they come thru here, even tho I'd really like to get the brand new setup, as I'm skeptical of trying to rehab old used carbs...to many bad experiences back in my Holley days, never could get them to run right...

The DCOEs fit without cutting but you can't get them on the manifold if there are studs and you can't get the tops off. IDFs are my comfort zone, have had many of them on my 124s and even had a pair on my 128.

Back