Project Targa Florio Article - Autoweek, 12/28/1981

I was looking for some old stock purchase information while doing my taxes, and found a mis-filed pdf that I had not seen in decades. It was part 2 of a two part article done by Autoweek back in 1981. I have a vague recollection of reading part 1 but only found part 2 which I had no recollection of reading. Near the end of the article, they bring the car to Serra Enterprises for some engine mods. Having been there a few times, it brought back some memories. The mild cam they installed in the project car was actually the same part number as one that a friend of mine bought circa 1980. Before installing it in his 79, we put it in my 1300 to compare it with my FAZA 35-75-75-35. The high end seemed comparable but the Serra cam had a much better low end. It was a pretty good cam for a street car, and worked well when my friend later added headers and dual DCNFs.

Attachments

• Project Targa Florio PartII - AutoWeek - 1981_12_28.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 92
As soon as I saw that bridge in the picture I shouted (mentally) "hey, that's Summit Point!". The article raised a good point, it's one thing to keep fine tuning for lap times but a street car, driven in a sane manner, would not recognize most of those changes.

Back