Public Service Message - - SCAM ALERT - DON'T TRY TO BUY DEWALT TOOLS ONLINE!

MikeHynes

True Classic
FYI
I did a Yahoo search for Dewalt tools that I wanted to buy online and found some - too good to be true - prices at this website www.dcfawes.com

I contacted Dewalt, and was told that they don't sell directly to the consumer. :mad:

I checked with the Scam Website SABIREVIEWS and found this - https://www.dcfawes.com/?msclkid=2296e42a038d11a5847fbb9e1c672c51

Looks like this has been going on for at least a couple of months now 😖!

I can't understand why this site hasn't been taken down, or, why Yahoo would point me to it???:oops:

Don't send them any money - you won't receive any cheap Dewalt tools. Apparently there are other sites out there too.

Interesting, good catch, thanks for sharing. What in particular made you suspect a scam, only the prices or something more?

Not long ago I was given a new 'starter' set of Dewalt cordless tools, so I decided it was time to ditch all of my old Craftsman ones and begin collecting new Dewalt stuff. I made a list of the models I'd need and began shopping for deals. One site I found had a particular one I wanted for less than anywhere else (by around $20-30 or so). But I was suspicious; they were a small online company in LA that sold lots of things - sort like a eBay store typically does (but this wasn't on eBay). This Dewalt item was one of a few Dewalt tools they listed, but certainly not the entire line. They did not appear to be a authorized Dewalt seller so I steered away not knowing if it was legit. Never followed up to find out if it was a valid seller, a scam, counterfeit, or what. But it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your title (although this is not the same site I saw). Stands to reason a pricey tool like Dewalt would be the target for a scam. And the site you linked does look to be well developed compared to many scams. Like you I'm surprised it is still allowed to exist.

There is a official Dewalt service center near me. The next time I happen to be that way I should stop in and ask what they know about these scam sites. I'm also curious to learn to what extent "counterfeit" Dewalt tools exist.

The prices were too good to be true.

Don't get me wrong, you can still buy Dewalt tools online - from retailers - but not from Dewalt. And certainly NOT from the deceptive website.

What started me on my search was a desire to hack Dewalt 20V batteries into Black & Decker tools (I have a lot of those). The 20V Dewalt batteries are Li-ion, which I believe are vastly superior to the 18V Black & Decker NiCad batteries (which are hard to find, expensive, and prone to die). Dewalt sells an adaptor to use their 20V Li-ion batteries in their 18V (which used NiCad batteries) tools which can be used to hack them in.

Last edited:
My only DeWalt tool is a radial arm saw that my Dad bought in 1954. It was the first consumer model radial arm saw and was built like a tank - all castings, no sheet metal, just like the industrial grade ones back then. This was when DeWalt was owned by AMF (American Machine & Foundry). It works as well today as when it was new.

Back