Purchased-WYB Emissions Plate for 1986

Tavalin

Florida Mike (again)
Hi y'all,
I am now almost done with the engine bay. All I need now is an emissions plate for a 1986 Bertone X1/9. Matt had several for a couple of years but I noticed they are all gone (my karma).
If anyone has an extra one they will be willing to part with, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks ahead of time,
Mike

Mike,

What is this piece? The floppy plate thingy bolted over the "FIAT" on the intake log? I swear they put it there to cover the FIAT and no other reason.
IM001682.JPG

Do you need it for emissions inspection? Or are you just one of those concourse quality car nutz? :cool::p:D

Do you need it for emissions inspection? Or are you just one of those concourse quality car nutz? :cool::p:D
JimD,
I am an OCD nut but not like Pebble Beach OCD but Marine Corps OCD. Everything has to be correct. Besides, Gary is my precious cargo (I know the emissions plate has nothing to do with safety). Everything has to be correct.

I would like to have it for car shows and originality.
Mike

Mike, if the one from a '85 is the same you can have one of mine. I will never mount them back on. I don't know if there is any difference between '85 and '86, so you might need to research that part. I will be out of town for a few days, but can send you a picture when I get back. Please remind me on Sun or I will forget.

Mike, if the one from a '85 is the same you can have one of mine. I will never mount them back on. I don't know if there is any difference between '85 and '86, so you might need to research that part. I will be out of town for a few days, but can send you a picture when I get back. Please remind me on Sun or I will forget.
Doc Jeff,
I could always use white out on the date, right??? Lol
Plus, isn’t it law that the “Fiat” is cover up since Fiat has been reintroduced to the US?

If I remember, Matt had the 85 and 86 in different listings. I will call them today and see if they are the same.
Thanks... I will get back to you,
Mike

Dr Jeff,
I spoke with Matt and I would appreciate the offer. I will PM my address to you.
Thank you,
Mike

Dr. Jeff,
I finally got the time to paint and install the emissions plate.
Thank you again for your generosity and mentorship.
Mike
FC428263-B172-4ACE-BAF5-1C15576B7183.jpeg 648015D6-8AF2-4B9F-9F2F-77FA9846DD5A.jpeg 90DC8F17-A819-4D64-BCDB-2DC747A142DD.jpeg

Last edited:
You painted the stainless?
If my manifold looked like that, I'd cover it up too! :rolleyes:

You painted the stainless?
If my manifold looked like that, I'd cover it up too! :rolleyes:
What??? I am confused... manifold looking like what? It is better than when I got it. I only painted the exposed metal to match the chrome. A piece was broken and the person I received the emissions plate from was nice enough to weld it back on. But I don’t see anything wrong except of old age and previous neglect. She runs almost perfect. Just a little more to do then she will be running perfect.
Still don’t understand your comment.
Mike

Back